Myuthbusters' big OOPS!

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11 AT 09:45AM (MST)[p]Edit - typo/correction *MythBusters"

Didn't we have an MMer do this same thing a couple of years back?? LMAO!!

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...hbusters-cannonball-goes-through-nearby-house

By NBC News and msnbc.com staff

DUBLIN, Calif. -- A "MythBusters" experiment went awry Tuesday, sending a cannonball blasting through a home, the Alameda County Sheriff's Office said.

Sheriff's spokesman J.D. Nelson told NBCBayArea.com that a projectile from an Alameda County firing range in Dublin missed its intended target and hit a home near Tassajara Road and Somerset Lane -- going through one wall and exiting through another.

More on this story from NBCBayArea.com

The Sheriff's Office said it was a cannonball fired by a "MythBusters" crew that "took a few unfortunate bounces." It was not known what the experiment entailed.

The zany team on the Discovery Channel TV series attempts to verify or debunk urban legends, popularly held beliefs and movie scenes by conducting experiments ? repeatedly warning young viewers not to try them at home or without a parent.

"MythBusters" has examined whether a collision with a bug can kill a biker (debunked), whether it is possible to shoot the hat off a person?s head without harming the wearer (debunked) and whether drafting behind a big-rig truck can improve a car's fuel efficiency (confirmed).

The MythBusters' Twitter account retweeted a post from one of the show's cast, Grant Imahara, stating the team was to be working with artillery. That post (along with the photo) has since been removed.

No one was injured. Authorities were still investigating the incident. It was unclear where the cannonball came to rest.

Msnbc.com staff contributed to this report from Mathew Luschek of NBCBayArea.com.

796111207-cannonball-hmed-440a_photoblog600.jpg

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

A few years ago the Utah Dept. of Transportation was doing avalanche control up Provo Canyon and overshot a whole freaking mountain, sending a mortar round into a home in Pl. Grove.

Would've loved to have seen the looks on their faces when they didn't hear or see a "boom" on the side of the mountain. Talk about an "o'chit" moment!

Hope they include this in an upcoming episode, but I doubt it.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

According to the news report here they will not be using it for a future episode. The neighbors are complaining about their use of the bomb range in Glendale and they may not be able to use it in the future. Will have to take their stunts further out into the desert away from those homes.

I bet the owner of that house will get such a remodel job that it will end up being a new home. Mythbusters has already said they will pay all damage costs.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom