MYTH BUSTERS???

B

bobcatbess

WELL!!!

YOU GUYS & GALS SEEN THE EPISODE WHERE THE GUNS ARE FIRED STRAIGHT UP IN THE AIR & THEY'RE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT RATHER THE BULLET FALLING STRAIGHT DOWN WILL KILL YOU IF IT HIT YOU ON THE HEAD???

WELL LET ME ASK YOU THIS???

IF ONE OF MY 600 GRAINS SLUGS FELL FROM THE SKY DO YOU THINK IT WOULD HURT???

THESE BOYS (MYTH BUSTERS!!!) DON'T SEEM TO THINK IT COULD/WOULD KILL YOU!!!

I BELIEVE IT COULD!!!

NOT SAYING IT WOULD TIP YOU OVER EVERY TIME!!!

BUT I SURE AS HELL WOULDN'T WANT TO BE THE GUINNY PIG!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Seems like it would hurt to me.

How fast do things fall?
9.8 meters per second squared
When objects fall on Earth, they accelerate at 9.8 meters per second per second -- or 9.8 meters per second squared (m/s2) -- which is known as the acceleration due to gravity. The mass (or weight) of the object does not affect the rate of acceleration; all objects accelerate downward at the same rate.

Ransom

You got my vote.

Tell your lil buddy there to point that gat straight up, when one hits him on the head, you got your answer.

Bessy---you're using light ones....my 730 APC's going 120 mph straight down on top of the head would kill you deader than #####.

HEY Longun!!!

I GET CALLED ON THE 600'S!!!

LET ALONE MENTIONING 730'S!!!

GLAD YOU'RE AROUND TO BACK ME ON THESE!!!

larrbo!!!

WELL!!!

THATS WHERE ONE OF MY LIVES DISTAPEARED TOO!!!

WITH ONLY ONE LIFE LEFT I CAN'T AFFORD TOO MANY MORE EXPERIMENTS,LOL!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

>Seems like it would hurt to
>me.
>
>How fast do things fall?
>9.8 meters per second squared
>When objects fall on Earth, they
>accelerate at 9.8 meters per
>second per second -- or
>9.8 meters per second squared
>(m/s2) -- which is known
>as the acceleration due to
>gravity. The mass (or weight)
>of the object does not
>affect the rate of acceleration;
>all objects accelerate downward at
>the same rate.
>
>
>Ransom

Acceleration is at 9.8 meters per second, or 32ft per second *in a vaccum*. In the atmosphere the acceleration is alot slower and there will be a terminal velocity, one that when the falling object achieves, it wont exceed.

-DallanC

"IF ONE OF MY 600 GRAINS SLUGS FELL FROM THE SKY DO YOU THINK IT WOULD HURT???"

Hmmm! I gotta think about this one .... If BCB fired his smoke belcher with a 600 grainer straight up .... it would only go about 12' up & then konk him on the noggin which is thicker than steel plate. Nah ... I doubt it would even uncross his eyes ... however it might knock that drool off the the corner of his mouth.

Merry Christmas Robert & family!

RUS

LOL RUS!!!

SAME TO YA!!!

I'M NOT SURE IF WE SHOULD AGREE TO DISAGREE???

OR???

IF WE SHOULD DISAGREE TO AGREE???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

If the bullet went high enough up in the sky to fall for 10 seconds the bullet would be traveling at a rate of 328 feet per second just before it hit the ground. Seems like a piece of lead and copper hitting a person in the head at that speed would cause some damage. I suggest we try this ourselves on Hunterdude. The results would then be compared with Myth Busters results. My theory is that Dude would not be harmed. Draw your own conclusions.

Ransom

Ransom, I was really tempted to post a picture of Brittny getting outta my truck or falling on my head at 328' per second without her underware on but ... ya know it's Christmas!

How's that for a MYTH???? or a visual?

Merry Christmas Overton & family.

RUS

I just watched this episode with my daughter and they were firing 9mm pistol rounds straight up, with no real evidence. The doctor with the Xrays of people with bullets in their heads was all I needed. There are many people shot in LA and SF every forth of July and New years...

Stop Global Whining

That visual looks slightly dangerous.

Merry Christmas to you RUS and family, and everyone else too.

Ransom

A friend of mine got up jan 1st about 10 years ago and found plaster dust, a dent, and a 30 cal rifle bullet on his dining room table......I'd hate for that to hit me on the head.

JB

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-07 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]Dallan

You are correct. Still would smart alot if hit on the head, except Hunterdude as his head is too hard.

Ransom

>A friend of mine got up
>jan 1st about 10 years
>ago and found plaster dust,
>a dent, and a 30
>cal rifle bullet on his
>dining room table......I'd hate for
>that to hit me on
>the head.
>
>JB

When I was a kid (and still lived in town) me and my family were sitting in the living room new years eve when a .45 slug came through the cieling.

I'm no rocket scientist but if a falling slug can go through wood shakes,plywood,insulation,and 3/8" sheetrock then I would venture to say it would/could kill you if it landed on your melon.

horsepoop.gif

Snort!!!

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

BUT JUST THINK!!!

SOME OF THESE "MELONS" MUST BE 6" OF ARMOUR PLATE!!!

LMAO!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-07 AT 07:20AM (MST)[p]I don't know about a bullet, but I know from sad experience that if shot straight up in the air an arrow will most likely come right back down and break a windshield!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Easymoney- The test they did was if you shot the bullet exactly straight up so that the bullet fell straight down. If you are not straight up and are off by a fraction the bullet will actually carry its path and is still deadly according to their tests.

Rutnbuck- I don't know the speed at which reindeer fall.

To stay deadly I think they figured out the bullet has to carry its arc like you mentioned in order to fall "point down". If it tumbles while falling the velocity and penetration are vastly reduced. Nails form a nail gun will do the same thing, but don't ask me how I don't know that its possible to kill a large white bird at 20 yards with a Paslode gun......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom