Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
Anyone have any opinions on which would be a better place to take the family? I'm looking for a hotel right on the beach that's not too crowded. Any advice on which location or hotel? I looked it up online and there are about a gazillion choices of hotels.

Howdy,
I live in NC and I've been to both several times. You'll have a hard time finding a hotel thats not crowded at Myrtle! I would say VA beach is better to take the family. My family goes down every year to Myrtle but we don't stay on the main drag of Myrtle beach we stay a few miles to the south. If you go to Myrtle and stay a few miles north or south it is lots quieter. Myrtle can get wild at times!

There are some nice places on the NC coast and on the outer banks where you can rent condos right on the beach relatively cheap. Those are great places to take the family and vacate. If you want to check those out search for Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, or Moorehead City. We were just down at Emerald Isle the first week of May.

Where you live at?

Thanks for the 2 reply's. We'll be coming from Texas. Just me, my wife, and 2 year old. I'd keyed in to VA beach and Myrtle Beach because American Airlines fly into airports close by those areas and I have enough AA points for free flights.

I'll look more into Virginia Beach now. The thing I liked the most about Myrtle Beach is that alot of the hotels had small waterparks in them.

Heck - I may decide to just do something here in Texas! It might be too crowded and too much hassle with a 2 year old.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom