My Year in Review

liecabucks

Very Active Member
I'm sitting here in the office today looking outside at all of the snow on the ground and thinking about the hunts that I was fortunate enough to be apart of. The first being a highcountry Wyoming hunt in mid september. This is definately the one I look forward to the most out of all my hunts. Pre-season scouting turned up a few bruisers and my hunting partner was able to take one of these fine bucks. Although I hunted very hard, I was unable to locate a buck I wanted to tag.

Here is Larry with another fine Muley from the high country.
4b1e9fc8428de6a6.jpg

Me and Larry back in Utah after the long ride home.
4b1ea6ec78065f8e.jpg

It snowed pretty good towards the end of the season, pictured top is Traveler and bottom me and Trigger.....fine horses they are!
4b1ea5676c88802b.jpg

After Wyomings season had come and gone I agreed to help one of my friends out with the General Season Utah hunt. I like helping somebody connect with an animal almost as much as I like doing it myself. We had spent a little time scouting a deer that looked good in the velvet and Ryan told me it would be a dream come true to shoot a buck like that. As luck would have it, he ended up connecting with this beautiful 26 inch four point and then the work started. We are fotunate to have GREAT horses and they helped greatly on this pack out!
4b1eac841e1d97cd.jpg

A couple guys that know me say that I have "Flying Horses" probably because of the nasty stuff they navigate....
4b1ead982541267b.jpg

Last but not least.....the hunt that I've grown to love. This one is becoming a tradition to close out the year with. Anyone that knows me well enough understands that I LOVE to chase big bucks and once in a while an elk but moreso to do it by myself, legally and on public land. This is where I get my jollys :)
Me and my brother-in law connected with these general season muzzleloader bulls to cap things off for the year.

Here is Justin with his well earned bull
4b1eb0583a959ec8.jpg

The satelite bull that wandered to close to the deer trail we were on.....I couldn't pass up a 75 yard shot.
4b1eb17c3fcfd5ae.jpg

Traveler had one heavy pack out of the hell hole we were in..
4b1eb241445043a5.jpg

We were lucky enough to have cell service for a couple of minutes and invited my little brother, (who was upset he couldn't go) to come up and meet us at the trail head on our pack out.
Jaxon looking over our kill!
4b1eb3b04da5a372.jpg

This was truly a year to remember! Great friends and family made it even better. I hope you had as much fun reading this as I had putting it together.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Looks like you've had a killer year,
Thanks for the post!

Nice job on some nice bucks & bulls!
Just one question?
You surely don't always haul your Elk racks out like you've got that bigger bull loaded do you?

Thanks for your comments! Ramonealone, we had limited possibilities at the bottom of that creek bed and the only horse that would pack antlers was that guy(my other one is only 3)! I couldn't get my full pack saddle in there because we were not on any sort of a trail, it was way to thick. In this situation I didn't want to pack the antlers out myself so I came up with that rig :)

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom