My Wyoming Moose :-)

M

mooselover

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-07 AT 08:01PM (MST)[p]Here is a photo of my first moose, I got it in Boulder, WY in September! I passed up 7 bulls, but this one was by far the best! He's only 40 inches wide, but green scores a 140. I am happy with him.

474b86cf089275f5.jpg

Congratulations mooselover...that is a fantastic moose and a great picture! I really hope I draw a tag some day..

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-07 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]I wish you all the best of luck drawing! I drew my first year I put in with NO preference points. I was really lucky and everyone hates me, but man it's worth it! I wasn't going to let them down by throwing it away.

Wow! The girls continue to impress! Congrats on a great moose mooselover! Nicely done!

Well done. I might be applying for that same tag next year I have enough points to draw. How many days did you hunt?

We hunted 4 days. We scouted alot and learned the area well, but only saw one cow moose before the season opened. After that we saw over 25 moose, but there is a lot of private land in that area (Area 4), and we did alot of hiking and 4-wheeling. Feel free to ask if you anymore questions!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-07 AT 11:34PM (MST)[p]Nice moose, way to go! Unit 4, same unit as I took my bullwinkle in, back in 2002. Yours is a little bigger, prettier too! I shot mine near Boulder also, on a ranch that had a big marshy area. You are in for some excellent eating in addition to a nice mount.

Great job on a great moose, mooselover. That ole' boy will take up some wallspace.

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Mooselover
Congrats on a great moose.... Very commendable!!!
redelkarcher>>>--------------->

Great job!
I'm looking at burning my points soon. Were you on private land when you shot your bull?

as always, I expected to see some unshaven thug. I am thouroughly impressed.....

JB

No, I was not on private land, but I did need access through private land where I killed mine, but the people were really nice and did not mind. All of the rest of the moose I saw was not on private land either, but most of my area was private, but we spent alot of time out there learning the area before my season opened so I would know where I could go.

mooselover thanks for the reply. If I draw I will have to talk to you some more.
Great job...Take care...

Excellent! Congrats!!! I just showed my 9 yr old daughter who cannot wait to be out there w/ me next year.

I am putting in for moose this year (9 points). Probably going to double w/ a couple of deer tags (Region H, right?) w/ my 2 sons who each have 2 pref points.

We used to see lots of moose when fishing in that area - New Fork, etc. Yes, the private landowners there are (or at least WERE) VERY amiable when we'd contact them for access.

Btw, how long is the moose season there - all I can find are Season Open dates.

Hunt

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-07 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]Thanks, Mooselover! I looked all over for that info - I thought.

What were the deer herd and the hunter pressure like in that unit? I am considering doubling up the moose tag w/ deer tags. My sons each have 2 pref points, so I'm certain they can draw - but if the habitat doesn't really hold fairly decent mule deer, then we'll just do one tag or the other.

Hunt

"unshaven thug"

Thanks D. I find myself searching each thread for your reply because you really crack me up. Too damn funny.

Nice moose by the way miss.

Awesome pics and thanks for sharing...I will get one someday just playing the waiting game in WA. Congrats and thanks for sharing...Justin

We ran into several hunters when we were scouting but by the time my season opened most of the deer hunters I think moved on somewhere else. We saw alot of doe, but only one 5X5 buck while moose hunting and I think we saw one cow elk the entire time. There were alot of people camping out there, but deer season ended on October 8 so if you don't fill your tag early you have plenty of time to after most of the other hunters are gone. We had a deer tag too and were going to shoot that one buck I saw, but by the time we sneaked up on him he was gone and I was too excited to find moose to try and keep up with him. We saw all the moose in the early morning or right before dark so I didn't want to spend too much time on a deer and give up my time for moose, but I got my moose that evening so it was probably a good thing!

Jill

Congrats Jill, on an awesome moose. I visited your website and checked out all of the other pics. Job well done. Your boyfriend is lucky to have a girlfriend that likes to hunt. My wife likes the hiking and camping, which I'm thankful for, but not so much the hunting. Keep up the good work!

Don P.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom