my two cents

patea

as far as utah allowing kids to apply maybe for one year all the tags should go to kids. they don't gripe when they don't kill a 400 inch bull or 200 inch buck. nor do they complain when another hunter encroaches on their hunt. they don't whine about 4 wheelers ,other campers,hikers,outfitters etc. u get my drift. i have 3 kids and have been on hunts with many many others, not one problem, on other hand this computers hard drive couldn't hold the selfish,dumbass things I've seen full grown men do in my hunting career

You make a great point Patea. My kids are far too young to hunt yet. Last year my dad killed a nice big four point with his muzzy and my kids loved it. Two years ago I killed a two point with my muzzy, and guess what? They were just as excited, if not moreso, that time. They couldn't care less how big the antlers were, but they sure got excited that their daddy had killed a deer. We can learn a lot from kids.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I have to agree about the kids. They increase our fun by double or more. They teach us more than we teach them. As far as accumulating points I have no answer.....I will need for my sons to push me around on a cart by the time I draw a unit 61 bull tag. That's o.k. as long as I can hold a coffee cup I am in!
J_T_B

I think it is great to see the 12, 13, year olds added. The problem with points etc in Utah and not being able to draw is in 2014 over 360,000 people applied for limited entry. It grows every year. Hunting is so good in Utah that the draw is increasing at a huge rate. That's one reason muzzy late hunt permits were issued to take out some of the draw people.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom