MY THOUGHTS ON CNG!!!

B

bobcatbess

THINK ABOUT IT BOYS!!!

THERES A LOT OF PEOPLE TRYING TO COME UP WITH A WAY TO AFFORD DRIVING THEIR VEHICLES!!!

NOW I DON'T BLAME THEM FOR CONVERTING TO CNG!!!

I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT MYSELF MANY TIMES!!!

BUT THINK ABOUT THIS???

THERES MORE TAX ON A GALLON OF GAS OR A GALLON OF DIESEL THAN WHAT THIS CNG COSTS PER GALLON!!!(YA I KNOW ITS PROBABLY MEASURED IN CUBIC FEET!!!)

DO YOU REALLY THINK UTAH OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IS GONNA LET A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE BUY/RUN CHEAP FUEL WITHOUT A WHOLE BUNCH OF TAXES NOT BEING COLLECTED ON IT???

I KNOW DAMN WELL ABOUT THE TIME I GOT ONE OF MY VEHICLES CONVERTED THE GOOD OLE STATE OF UTARD OR THE US GOVERNMENT WOULD COME UP WITH SOME WAY OF BENDING ME OVER!!!

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

guaranteed bess.........soon as it becomes even remotely common it will get wacked hard with tax....no fricken doubt about it.

JB

New taxes for sure! Plus any new CNG filling station "will have to meet strict new EPA guidelines for safe and environmentally clean delivery" It would cost each new station owner $17 million to get started. Not including $42,000 in permit fees. He would naturally pass that on to the customer, bringing the cost of CNG to just over $.05 HIGHER than the price of gasoline!

So in the end it will be slightly higher, and you'll have slightly less power!

Eel

From what I have read it sounds like you can get a fuel station at your house. You already have "gas" being pumped there by questar, and can get some equipment to tap into your existing supply, fill a tank of some kind and fill up right in your garage. Then you would just pay questar for the extra "gas" your house was using that month.

Problem is long trips. The government will catch on sometime and start taxing CNG as well.

What is the answer???? Nuke the entire middle east, turn it into a skating rink and suck all the oil out of there???? At least the war would be over

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-08 AT 02:41AM (MST)[p]Well, 20 years ago, I wouldn't have had a diesel pickup shoved up my arse if I'd had room for a sawmill. They are noisey, smelly and dirty.

Then they got better, more power, more common, more places to fuel, so, being a good American.....everybody else had one, so I bought one too.

Fuel was way cheaper than gas and I got better fuel economy. Cool.

Then the price of diesel went silly.

Then, all of a sudden, the price for a starter from Ford.....a fuel pump overhaul.....new injectors.....two batteries at a time, deep cycle......12 quarts of oil, 3 oil and fuel filters.....glow plug controllers. Dang, I almost forgot the spendy little alternator.

I don't have a high dollar business that allows me to write that stuff off. Found a sucker with a tree trim service.

A diesel truck is no longer cheaper for me to drive than my gas Dodge Ram or my gas Suburban.

I suspect that any alternative fuel will be priced right up there where we are now. The government will never leave that resource untaxed.

I'm switching to cng on my truck. I hope that cng doesn't hit the same price as gasoline but it probably will down the road a few years.

For now though I don't see any other way I can drive my 7.4L crew cab and go hunting and camping without getting a second job so why not.

UT gives you a 2500.00 tax credit for the conversion, the feds give you a 8000.00 credit for converting a 3/4 T truck and a 1000.00 credit for putting in a home filling station. Plenty of credits to offset the cost of the conversion over the next tax season or two.

Plus my big truck will then be cheaper to drive than my wife's Lumina, hope is stays that way for 5 or more years.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

www.cngchat.com for starters.

When I got exhausted on the internet I finally called alternative fuel systems in Arizona, the gentleman was willing to answer every question I through at him and point me in the right directions for other information.

I will personally be OK with a slight drop in power if the cng is only .63 a gallon. Even if it does go up in price over the next 5-10yrs look at the chunk of money a guy would save in the meantime
?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom