my season

• Thread starter hornsantlersandbigracks
  • Start date
H

hornsantlersandbigracks

well i am pretty much done this year. i got my antelope on the fisrt day. i was sneaking up on a monster but him and his 15 does busted me. so i happily took the wide one only having a day and a half to hunt.
100_1259.jpg

100_1261.jpg

archery hunting was full of action this year. i shot a really nice 170+ but hit him low.... in the front leg i believe. the blood was very little and ran out in 80 yards. i looked all day with no other sign of him. i almost decided to just take a doe because i worried he might not make it. well the very next week we saw him chasisng does with just a small limp to his strut. i was verry happy he was fine. then one day driving to my blind i spotted him in a blowout with a few small bucks and does. i dropped my father off and went back to try and get a second chance at him. 15 minutes into my belly crawl when i was maybe 200 yards away from them, they got up and where chasing eachother arround. i stayed put to see if they would come to me. well they were not wanting to leave there little blowout but one of the small bucks got within a hundred yards directly to my left down wind and was looking at something. i turned to see what and this buck was headed right for him. as soon as he got down wind of me he froze and i thought it was over but he turned and headed my way. within 20 seconds of seeing this deer he covered 300 yards and was 40 yards in front of me. i drew back and let him have it.
when i shot him i thought he was mature and allot bigger, but to my surprise i got to experience my first ground shrinkage...
its my smallest buck but i am still happy, and he has some character to boot!
scores a whooping 141 :lol:
100_1281.jpg

100_1282.jpg

100_1287.jpg

I could care less about score. He's a cool buck with character I would be proud of him. I've shot some book animals but some I have the best memories of wouldn't score any better than your buck. You hunted him well and killed a nice deer congragulations.

Great year! Congrats on the succes!

"The road to success is always under construction"

Sweet trophies! Thanks for the pics and story. Congrats on two great animals.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom