MY NEWEST KNIFE FOR 2023'S "MAYBE" HUNT!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Gonna Be Primitive Type Weapons & Accessories This Coming Fall For Me & A Friend Or Two If We Pull a PISSCUTTER Tag!

Gonna See If We Can Still Pull It Off Or Not?

No Offense To RELH But Gonna Lay His Knives Down & Go Back In Time This Fall!

I Had 20/10 Vision For about 55 Years Of My Life & Filed The Front Site on The HAWKENS Down So Thin I'm Not Sure I Can Even See It Now Without Some Fluorescent Paint?

Here's The Knife I 'Might' or 'Might' Not Be Using!:D

knife 2023.jpg

If successful will you post a picture of the spike you will end up shooting? Or should I say miss?

I killed a lot of deer with a spit-patched round ball Hawken when I was a kid and Dad wouldn’t let me use a shotgun cause he said I’d be more focused if I only had one shot. Matter of fact killed my first deer with a little Cherokee .45 (still got it).

Dad made me “paint the primer” with Mom’s fingernail polish “to keep it from gettin wet.”

Man, he sure made it hard on me to be successful maybe he just didn’t want to help me drag one out. Haha

Are you kidding me…… you let the ancients off without demanding a gut hook!

RELH and his band a California renegades is gonna have a kerosine “don’t mess wit me” party….. at your place

I killed a lot of deer with a spit-patched round ball Hawken when I was a kid and Dad wouldn’t let me use a shotgun cause he said I’d be more focused if I only had one shot. Matter of fact killed my first deer with a little Cherokee .45 (still got it).

Dad made me “paint the primer” with Mom’s fingernail polish “to keep it from gettin wet.”

Man, he sure made it hard on me to be successful maybe he just didn’t want to help me drag one out. Haha
I’d like to meet your Dad……. he sounds smarter than most of us.

No GUT-HOOK From RELH & NO GUT-HOOK On The Knap Job!

However,I Can Use The Top Side As a GUT-HOOK!

Are you kidding me…… you let the ancients off without demanding a gut hook!

RELH and his band a California renegades is gonna have a kerosine “don’t mess wit me” party….. at your place

Bess, no hard feelings here. Several years ago I had a table at the Oregon knife show in Eugene, Oregon. An older gentleman and his wife had a table next to me. He was "knapper" and the obsidian knives he made were beautiful. They were also very damn sharp. I had a ball that weekend watching him knapping out a blade.
RELH

Yes RELH!

This Knife Is Sharp!

Bess, no hard feelings here. Several years ago I had a table at the Oregon knife show in Eugene, Oregon. An older gentleman and his wife had a table next to me. He was "knapper" and the obsidian knives he made were beautiful. They were also very damn sharp. I had a ball that weekend watching him knapping out a blade.
RELH

I learned how to flint nap 14 years ago and about four years ago. I started making knives at camp before the hunt starts and using them if I’m successful. I have skinned deer, elk, javelina, and even bighorn sheep with one of these. I made the Choya cactus handle one yesterday for a friend that i had met on here. The handle holds arrowheads, sinew for tying them on, and the cork is made from tree sap and coal natures glue. I hope you get your knife dirty!

Attachments

• IMG_0004.MOV
    82.1 MB
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    39.8 MB
Last edited:
Right On!

Thanks!

I learned how to flint nap 14 years ago and about four years ago. I started making knives at camp before the hunt starts and using them if I’m successful. I have skinned deer, elk, javelina, and even bighorn sheep with one of these. I made the Choya cactus handle one yesterday for a friend that i had met on here. The handle holds arrowheads, sinew for tying them on, and the cork is made from tree sap and coal natures glue. I hope you get your knife dirty!

Very nice!

Very nice!
All joking aside bc, I think what you want to do is a really super idea, and knife is a beautiful combination of art and utility. So much of that kind of thing in the human story. We should all keep celebrating how amazing our ancestors where and keep that knowledge close to the surface as human resourcefulness continually pushes forward, never being satisfied, always seeking, always exploring, alway hoping to improve and advance.

I’ll love to be there and watch you get to put your new knife to work this fall. It will be high drama and high energy for sure.

Thanks Lumpy!

The Odds Of:

GETTING A 2023 PISSCUTTER TAG!

Finding a NON-PISSCUTTER In A General Over-Hunted Unit!

If I Can Locate One,Getting Close Enough To Harvest Him With A HAWKENS!

I USE-TA-COULD!:D

All joking aside bc, I think what you want to do is a really super idea, and knife is a beautiful combination of art and utility. So much of that kind of thing in the human story. We should all keep celebrating how amazing our ancestors where and keep that knowledge close to the surface as human resourcefulness continually pushes forward, never being satisfied, always seeking, always exploring, alway hoping to improve and advance.

I’ll love to be there and watch you get to put your new knife to work this fall. It will be high drama and high energy for sure.

C'mon Bess...be a man and just go hunting with the knife only...purdy sure they'll issue you a knife tag...:cool::cool::cool:

Thanks Lumpy!

The Odds Of:

GETTING A 2023 PISSCUTTER TAG!

Finding a NON-PISSCUTTER In A General Over-Hunted Unit!

If I Can Locate One,Getting Close Enough To Harvest Him With A HAWKENS!

I USE-TA-COULD!:D
Bess, if you don't draw out I would be willing to do the mentoring program with you, but you would have to come out of the Basin my permit is no good in the Basin.

Thanks cool my brother

Bess, one of these days I will tell you the story about how I used a pocket knife with 2 inch blade to field dress and skin out a buffalo.

RELH

Sounds Good To Me notdon!

I Like Seeing/Hunting New Country!

After The RoadKills & Other Winter Related Impacts There Ain't Gonna Be Much To Hunt Out This Way!

I'm Sure Glad They Changed The Rules Where Young Guys Can Mentor Old Bastages Like Myself!:D

Bess, if you don't draw out I would be willing to do the mentoring program with you, but you would have to come out of the Basin my permit is no good in the Basin.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom