My new hunting partner

Robiland

Very Active Member
I took my lab out camping last weekend and had a blast with him. He is only 8 months old but is big and strong. I had yet to take him to the water yet in our many hours of training. So I took him down to the lake and found a few branches to throw so I would not loose the dummy if he would not go get it.

After the 1st throw, He looked at me and had that look on his face like, "whay have we not been here yet?" He was AMAZING! He would sit right by my side until I threw the dummy as far as I could in the water. He would anxioustly wait until I pointed and said, "Get the Bird". He loved the water. I would throw the dummy in the reeds and he would find it in no time.

The best part was that we went out hunting gofers while camping with our bows. I took a 53 yard shot and missed by a hair. The 3 guys looked for 20 minutes and could not find the arrow. So i went back to camp to get the dog, took him tho the spot I thought it might be. I told him to "go get the bird". He sniffed around and followed some Cyote trackes to about 20 yards away. Started back to me and stopped in his tracks, sniffed the ground and pawed for few seconds and came up with my arrow! I was AMAZED. His parents are out of Idaho and were bred for shed hunting. So he has a good nose.

We will see what happens this year with ducks, geese, pheasants, and sheds.

Sounds like a keeper for sure.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom