My last package.

brutus54

My last package of deer back straps. I took the tenderizer mallet to them. Then dipped them in eggs, then in a flour, bread crumb mixture, with garlic powder, onion powder, season salt, and pepper. I like to dip them twice for a thicker coating. Decided to do sandwiches with them, grilled up some Hawaiian buns. Put smoky bacon ranch dressing on one side with more bacon, bits, and butter glazed onions. And then some garlic aioli mayo spread on the other side. Pretty much using what I already had in the fridge. I’m going to seal a meal some of them. And make Hawaiian pretzel bun, hot sandwiches in deer camp next month. Next is gonna be smoked deer meatloaf. I still have some burger left also. I absolutely love a good smoked deer meatloaf sandwich. 😋

IMG_1237.jpeg

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1241.jpeg

A friend gave me a couple packages of WT backstraps for my birthday last week. I’ll try this on the first one

Cooked muley Backstrap tonight atfer your inspiration ,I harvested that buck at my house (love where I live) , cut 1/4 inch thick then pounded them a bit thinner. Nothing extravagant but dipped in egg /flour and fried in olive oil with a bit of S/P. Wife did mashed potatoes ( lots of sour cream and butter) then fresh corn on the cob. Mixed up some cream gravy.....dinner of champions. Son arrived this afternoon from his trucker gig and wanted to spoil him .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom