My last goose hunt?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I thought it would be a nice jesture, so I invited some of my friends from Utah, Bobcatbess, RUS, and Beefy to join me on the private ranch I have permission to hunt here in Kali. It was the last weekend of goose season and I really wanted to show them a good time. The land owner was out of town but he told me if these guys were friends of mine he wouldn't mind them hunting. He's a great guy, but not a hunter at all. In fact he used to hate hunters, but I've slowly earned his trust and respect over time.

It started out kind of slow because most of the geese had moved out, on their way south, I think. I shot the only honker that morning.

Then, for some reason, the ranchers prized flock of rare Black Swans got loose from their pen. He has spent years building his flock to over 2 dozen and he claims they are worth over $1200 each. He buys and sells them the world over.

Anyhow, they came running over towards the decoys (he clips their wings so they can't fly) and before I could say anything, Bobcat, RUS, and Beefy opened up! I was yelling for them not to shoot, but it was like they were in a killing trance. When the shooting finally stopped, everyone of the prized swans lay dead. They were laughing, hollering and high fiving each other! They even insisted that I take their photo!

The rancher will be home tomorrow and I don't know how to break it to him and I'm just sick about it. I'm wondering now if I'll even be invited back next year?

I may have to move to Utah!

Eel

49cc176e4c62867c.jpg

Hmm...when Rus said he knocked down a half a dozen long necks I thought he meant he got drunk.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

Eel, I forgot to tell you that on my last goose hunt of the season, I shot a banded and neck collared snow goose with my last shot. That one is going on the wall for sure.

Eel,

I think you will be fine with the rancher once you explain that you had Utah guys hunting with you.. I am certain he will take that fact in to consideration. No worries about having to move to Utah.

Now that everyone is thru laughing, what's the REAL story on why all those swans were in this photo?

It is disturbing. I doubt you could get $1200 for one, but I bet $600 a pair is close.

I WARNED YOU eel!!!

I'VE WARNED YOU FOR YEARS!!!

TARDS WILL SHOOT ANYTHING AT ANYTIME!!!

COPPER BOY & BEEF CAKES SAID THEY'D EAT THE FLYIN LIVERS!!!

SO WHEN THEM NON-FLYIN LIVERS CAME WALTZIN BY I HELPED MAKE SOME MEALS!!!

NOW YOU GUYS ARE GONNA HAVE TO TAKE THEM OVER TO CAELKNUTS & LET HIM WARM THE MEAT UP TO ABOUT 80 DEGREES & EAT THEM!!!

EVERYTIME I PULLED THE TRIGGER & ONE OF THEM LIVERS TIPPED OVER I COULD HEAR RUS OR Beefy SAYING:HE'S MINE,I HIT HIM,AND I'D SAY:YUP HE'S YOURS,I MISSED!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Black Swans my axx! In Utah we call them Mud Ducks.

Eel, I thought we agreed to tell the landowner a damn BOBCAT wiped out his flock. Guess we should have thought twice about chucking the evidence in the old boys dumpster.

Anyway, thanks for a great time. I can't hit anything that fly's or runs fast. Them mud ducks was easy.

RUS

"Australia"

I was thinking more like New Zealand.

I got a chance to hunt on my FILs "pond" on South Island. He is an avid waterfowler (to say the least.) Got to hunt out of several of his Mai-Mai's.

Black Swans were on the no-no list and we saw a few. Canada's and Mallards were considered vermin.

My kid shot a beautiful Pari Drake:

2401Andrews-Pari-1R.jpg

Lemme tell you, you don't want to dump your ducks or geese in to the gourse. You don't even send you dogs into that stuff. Makes the local Devils Club appear tame.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom