My kid...cause for celebration

feddoc

Long Time Member
Old story; he is adopted, was abused, etc., 12 foster homes.

Never really got good grades...until this year. (and always been under an IEP) Now...well, things are way different. He's getting As and Bs AND he has progressed to the point where he is at grade level in every subject according to some sort of test they give 2-3 times a year. Only one misbehaving incident at school this year.

It's time to celebrate and give thanks for prayers answered.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Thats a good story, feddoc. I'm glad you were able to help turn around a distressed life. Had to have been a hard decision to take in a foster kid. You'd really have to be dedicated and patient. Good to hear your not a complete douche all the time. :)

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

That's awesome.. Always glad to hear good news..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Sonething you should be proud of!! Enjoy the feeling but don't forget to tell him how you feel.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Great news! Looks like all that hard work has paid off for the young man.
What a little love and caring can accomplish in someone's life.

Eldorado

feddoc,

As the parent of a very difficult special needs child I can really appreciate the amount of work and stress that goes into raising God's special children. Thanks for encouraging those of us who are also in the trenches.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Nicely done....

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-12 AT 02:01PM (MST)[p]grizzlyplumber, I don't know. My wife and I have been consistent with our discipline and our constant reassurances that we will love hiim no matter what. (he had issues with being given away like taking out the trash. I recall once that he, when the foster care folks came for a home visit, packed his bags. He assumed he was being given away again.)

MY gut tells me that his improvement was: his own initiative, our persitence, blind luck...I honestly can't say and don't really care. But, I am eternally thankful to God for his improvement. We could not have received a better gift.

We quit taking him to counselors about a year ago. But, started back up again two weeks ago when his psychiatrist recommended a woman in her office. Based on that, we have begun a series of counseling/treatment called EMDR. http://www.emdr.com/ The counselor giving him the treatments is the only counsler that he has been willing to be alone with, which says a lot...either for her or for his own improvement. Both docs say that EMDR is a good treatment method for PTSD, which they think is the focus for his problems.

>What was your formula for success?
>

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom