My heck hotels are getting expensive.

2lumpy

Long Time Member
What have you traveling folks found to be the best “rewards…… discount…… free night……. point club travel membership programs for hotel/motel stays. After ignoring them for 40 years I think it’s time I join a few that are legit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I’ve done a few nice vacations on Marriott points.
Thanks blue, I have a friend who travels the world using Marriott points but he’s run a lot more expenditure through his system than I’ll be doing. His wife does all the bookings and travel
arrangements, I think she’s got a PhD in travel rewards studies. I’ll have hire her for a class in their system.

I was looking for something like Choices, Wyndham’s, or Holiday inn and Suites or maybe Expedia or Travelocity. I can’t afford the best hotels but I try to find decent rates in the second tier properties if I can. I got clipped for $408 one night, a week or two ago at a Holiday Inn and Suites in Helen, Montana. One room with one king bed. Ugh! Got to find a way to mitigate that sort of thing again or stop traveling all together.

I’ll check into Marriott’s program. Tks.

Purchase a small travel trailer might be an option. Pull over and sleep when you want. But even KOA’s are getting expensive and they stack everyone in like sardines.

Actually I have seriously considered that option. The problem is, if your moving every day, which I often do, the fuel expense for a 500 mile day almost costs the same as these hotels do. My F-150 pickup drops from 19 to 12 miles per gallon. It would cost me $66 extra a day to pull a small trailer. Still it could save about $80 to a $100 a day, plus the cost of buying the trailer for about $10,000 to $15,000. Then add in the cost of a place to park at night, another $20-$45 a day, unless you park at a Walmart.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom