My GreatGrandFathers winter job my be coming back to MT.

They have some value as is. A nice sized adult, pelt in good shape, properly prepared for the taxidermy market, is worth several hundred dollars. Trapping is likely the only management tool that will be effective and not too cost prohibitive, though from what I get from those that trap them in Canada, they are far more intelligent and cagey than most anything else one will trap and trappers will have know what they are doing or will just mass educate the animals. Also, a one tag per hunter/trapper is not an effective way to manage a fairly intelligent and prolific animal like wolves. While unpopular with many, Wyoming's plan that allowed for a solid base population in the area originally dedicated to the so called "recovery" and that allows unrestricted killing outside of that area, makes much sense. A state wide unilateral plan probably won't work. Some areas will need a high harvest quoata while others would have none. I'm sure all the states that have had the beasts returned to state management, will be adjusting plans as they try to keep the pests under control.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-12 AT 09:46AM (MST)[p]For myself coyotes are a pretty challenging themselves,scent is key,they are not easy to trap bY any means.I imagine wOlves are going to be even more challenging,cant wait to find out!

My bone is no stranger to
great envy!

Theres a cool post on bowsite about trapping wolves in canada,they catch a bunch

Want to get a pump up on wolves? you tube proguide66 process of wolf snaring.... Maybe Montana will now allow NR to trap furbearer's to help?

You know of anyone out there that would be interested in Investing to feed their 401K, IRA or Savings that they took out of the Stock Market? A 10 to 12% and this could be higher, depends on the deal? The return on their Investment can be more than once a month.
RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom