My first Wy. antelope

F

firecapt186

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-08 AT 02:09PM (MST)[p]I took this buck this past sunday in unit 63. I'd like to thank mosleymiddleton and blacktailBC for there help in giving me reports of the area. This was my first trip to Wy. but, hopefully not the last. I don't know how to score these but his length is 13" with 6" bases.
This was part two of a 2 week hunt I had bow hunted the week before in Ne. for white-tails

DSCF2244.jpg

Congrats - thats a nice looking buck. You will now be addicted to hunting them!! I'm headed over to Wyoming in about a week for my first hunt there and hope to find one like that:)

FireCapt,

Congrats to you on the nice Lope you got in WYO, so would this mean that you TOO are hooked on hunting them?? Last year was my first time over in Unit 93 and I had a great time and got mine on the second day of the hunt.
Can't wait to get drawn again for a return to WY for antelope there.
What caliber are you shooting in that rifle, I take it that is a Thompson right?

Brian

Congrats. I'm headed to wyoming in a little over a week for my first antelope hunt as well. I will also be shooting a t/c encore in .270 that I just put together. Thanks for the picture.

That is a 260rem. custom barrel from Bullberry Barrel Works. They do great work. It will shoot a 1/2" group @100 yrds. And yes, i'm already planning for next year. Only, I won't make a two hunt trip in one again. I drove 4080 miles total on these to hunts

Firecapt-good buck, congrats and I like the pic. Sounds like you had a lot of fun-

Doug

nice goat. "4080 miles". Good thing gas is so cheap. That might of been an expensive hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-08 AT 08:23PM (MST)[p]I drive a diesel and back over the summer I was worried that it would have been around $5.00 a gal. I did slit the cost to Ne. My Dad, son and Daughter-in-law went on that hunt. Once we finished they headed back home and I went to Wy. alone. We ended up with 7 deer in Ne. This is the only thing that I got in Ne. We spent 10 hrs today processing all the meat.
DSCF2165.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom