My First Speedgoat!

P

Prism

I've been on several antelope hunts, but have never had the opportunity to harvest one myself.

A friend and I spotted this buck way out in the open. Luckily the buck bedded down where we could only see the tops of his horns.

He wasn't the biggest buck we had seen, but I told my friend if he'd allow me to get within 200 yards and we had the video camera running on the tripod I'd take the shot.

After an almost too perfect of a sneak (nothing went wrong so I guess it was perfect) I was within 250 yards and the buck stood up. Not one to pass up an oppurnity like that I put the hammer down. We caught the whole thing on film and the hunt will be in the next "Never Enough Western Big Game" DVD.

He's not a monster, but I'm proud to have him as my first antelope:)

Tell you what, those buggers are pretty spooky after 2 weeks of hunting!!! I think I may turn into an antelope hunter after all:)

www.neverenoughbiggame.com

antelope1.jpg

antelope2.jpg

Nice lope, Those speed goats can get addicting.look forward to it on your next video.

Glen

Congrats to you Paul! Hunting big bucks is serious fun. Hunting pronghorns is just plain fun. At least my opinion....

Your smile says it all!

Steve

The gun is a Christensen Arms in 300RUM. A bit overkill for antelope I know, but it's my favorite gun and I love the scope on it, 4-16x50 Swarovski. It's one good shooting gun!:)

I love huntin' goats. That one looks like a heck of a buck to me - I'd be awful proud of him. Congratulations.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom