My experience with sharks

feddoc

Long Time Member
PALES in comparison to these guys....wow...too effin' close for me.

http://youtu.be/9YVp3U_5mqI

1. About 20 years ago, during deep water survival training, a few of us were dropped off in the gulf of Mexico. We were to paddle around for a few minutes, then get picked up by an orbiting helo. I was the next to last guy to get picked up. As I am waiting, off in the too darn close for comfort distance, I see three sets of dorsal fins approach me and the other guy. Uh oh, I guess that cow tag will have to wait. Turns out they were dolphins.

2. I got sent to Corpus Christi for a two year assignment. The first weekend there I took my blazer (the first and only chebby I will ever own) and headed towards Mexico via the beach. I had two packs of wine coolers, some elk steak a hibachi and a couple of guns and my dog. I drove 42 miles past the 4wd only sign and parked...fired up the hibachi and went swimming. Got back, drank some wine coolers and shot a crabs with my .44, then the MAC. Cooked and ate the elk steak, then, after dark went swimming again. Then went out until I couldn't touch bottom, then went a bit further. Went home. The next weekend the CC Caller Times reported on two guys who caught an 11 and a 9 foot tiger shark off the beach 40 miles past the 4wd only sign.

3. I went bay fishing for sea trout one day. Waist deep water, lots of other guys drinking beer and having a good time. What could happen? Thought I stepped on a cinder block or something; got out and found a horseshoe shaped bit mark on my right calf.

The Wife and I scuba dive all the time. Never had a problem.

8836shark-behind-divers.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom