MY DREAM HUNT

T

TAGATTRACTER

Being a regular to Monster Muleys it was no surprise that I would become interested in trail cams. Let's face it; you can't scroll down any section without finding threads about trail cams. I just had to get involved and have spent the past year obsessing over them.

One day a few months back I recieved an e-mail from an outfitter with a trail cam picture attached and I was all in. I immediately booked the hunt with BLTSO Inc. Some of you may know this outfit and let me tell you their name says it all.
1168trail_cam_017.jpg

The excitement grew as BLTSO kept me up to date on all that was being done to make my dream a reality. The posse had been hired and strategically placed around the area of my trophy. E-mails were eagerly opened as progress was made toward my dream quest.

June 27th was a day that I lost at least 5 minutes of sleep as the e-mail i just opened really had me wound up. We had life at the trail cam and progress could start in earnest.

9047trail_cam_005.jpg

July 4th was a very special day. Not only was it Independence day but we had our second sighting.
95trail_cam_007.jpg

On July 14th everything would change. The e-mail from BLTSO showed life for the third time. I immediately called BLTSO as the adrenaline running through my veins would keep me up another 10 minutes anyway. I had a million questions. Why did the trail cam owner always have the same clothes on? My guide assured me it was because trail cam owners are lazy. Boy did that tick me off. Was the dog in the picture gonna bite us? My heroic guide said we would have to take that chance. What's with all the scratching? Then he cut me off. We have this dude patterned. You need to get up here now he exclaimed.

4031trail_cam_015.jpg

I pulled the plug from my bubble bath and put the grapes back in the fridge. IT WAS GO TIME. I pulled the labels off my designer camo and headed out the door.

The drive into our hunt area was epic. We ran through a mud puddle and hit more than a few bumps on the 5 minute drive. Suddenly my guide screached to a stop. My dream was only 200 yards away as i expertly sized it up with my 30x doctor optic binos. We sat in awe for 30 minutes knowing the owner wouldn't be back for days.

My guide was going on and on about the route we should stalk. Pointing out every danger and the route with the best cover. I had heard enough and cut him off. Listen, I said. I am a very skilled outdoorsman and here is how this is gonna play out. I will get on the bumper and jump off as you drive by.

7252trail_cam_018.jpg

The plan worked perfectly and I even managed to snap this picture before making the most incredible 10 yard stalk anyone has ever seen. I was in perfect position sneaking in from the blind side and my heart was beating out of my chest as I grabbed my prize.
2790trail_cam_024.jpg

Any guesses on the score ?

Being a regular to Monster Muleys it was no surprise that I would become interested in trail cams. Let's face it; you can't scroll down any section without finding threads about trail cams. I just had to get involved and have spent the past year obsessing over them.

One day a few months back I recieved an e-mail from an outfitter with a trail cam picture attached and I was all in. I immediately booked the hunt with BLTSO Inc. Some of you may know this outfit and let me tell you their name says it all.
1168trail_cam_017.jpg

The excitement grew as BLTSO kept me up to date on all that was being done to make my dream a reality. The posse had been hired and strategically placed around the area of my trophy. E-mails were eagerly opened as progress was made toward my dream quest.

June 27th was a day that I lost at least 5 minutes of sleep as the e-mail i just opened really had me wound up. We had life at the trail cam and progress could start in earnest.

9047trail_cam_005.jpg

July 4th was a very special day. Not only was it Independence day but we had our second sighting.
95trail_cam_007.jpg

On July 14th everything would change. The e-mail from BLTSO showed life for the third time. I immediately called BLTSO as the adrenaline running through my veins would keep me up another 10 minutes anyway. I had a million questions. Why did the trail cam owner always have the same clothes on? My guide assured me it was because trail cam owners are lazy. Boy did that tick me off. Was the dog in the picture gonna bite us? My heroic guide said we would have to take that chance. What's with all the scratching? Then he cut me off. We have this dude patterned. You need to get up here now he exclaimed.

4031trail_cam_015.jpg

I pulled the plug from my bubble bath and put the grapes back in the fridge. IT WAS GO TIME. I pulled the labels off my designer camo and headed out the door.

The drive into our hunt area was epic. We ran through a mud puddle and hit more than a few bumps on the 5 minute drive. Suddenly my guide screached to a stop. My dream was only 200 yards away as i expertly sized it up with my 30x doctor optic binos. We sat in awe for 30 minutes knowing the owner wouldn't be back for days.

My guide was going on and on about the route we should stalk. Pointing out every danger and the route with the best cover. I had heard enough and cut him off. Listen, I said. I am a very skilled outdoorsman and here is how this is gonna play out. I will get on the bumper and jump off as you drive by.

7252trail_cam_018.jpg

The plan worked perfectly and I even managed to snap this picture before making the most incredible 10 yard stalk anyone has ever seen. I was in perfect position sneaking in from the blind side and my heart was beating out of my chest as I grabbed my prize.
2790trail_cam_024.jpg

Any guesses on the score ?

tagattracter,

You have some issues. :)

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

tagattracter,

You have some issues. :)

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

By my investigation you may know the culprit. He has a Baja 1000 shirt on HMMMMM. This may be a canned hunt??? Did you send this to BC trophy watch?? You should never have posted the pics, you may be kicked out of the record book.

By my investigation you may know the culprit. He has a Baja 1000 shirt on HMMMMM. This may be a canned hunt??? Did you send this to BC trophy watch?? You should never have posted the pics, you may be kicked out of the record book.

I know exactly where that is! It's on the trail to Rugburn's secret hideout!

Jim, you shouldn't drink while placing your trail cams!:):)

Eel

I know exactly where that is! It's on the trail to Rugburn's secret hideout!

Jim, you shouldn't drink while placing your trail cams!:):)

Eel

Just once in my life I would love to see a dude wearing a shirt all rolled up in the front like that when I'm out in the hills . I think I would be laughing soo hard I would probably cry just a little bit .

Just once in my life I would love to see a dude wearing a shirt all rolled up in the front like that when I'm out in the hills . I think I would be laughing soo hard I would probably cry just a little bit .

BLTSO outfitters are everywhere, you never know when they are gonna turn up

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

BLTSO outfitters are everywhere, you never know when they are gonna turn up

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom