My Dream For Sale

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I wanted this one of a kind piece of property to build on for years. It's right on the Feather River in Downtown Chester, Ca and the lot line actually goes out and down the center of the river.

175' of river frontage, nice easy access, fairly level, partially shaded all day. The perfect place for your mountain cabin, close to everything in town but you might as well be miles away while on the property as the birds and the river will be all you hear.

I caught my first big brown trout over 50 years ago not 100 yds away, the fish and game plants trout on Wednesdays just across and up one lot, and big native fish come up from the lake to rest under the alders along the bank or in the shade under the bridge. It's quite possible to catch your limit every day if that's what you want to do.

Quite simply, i can't afford to build, read: pay for, my dream cabin or i would have. Circumstances are such that i will let this property go. I do not in any way NEED to sell! $95,500.

261riverfront_1.jpg

6375riverfront_2.jpg

1549riverfront_3.jpg

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Wow Joey. You told me about it but I had no idea it was that beautiful.

A couple questions. You say it's 175' river frontage. How big is the lot? I'm sure electricity is available but how about natural gas? Do you have community water and/or sewer?

Now for a really dumb question. Does Feather River dump into Almanor? I should know the answer to that but I honestly don't. If so, are you on the inlet side or the outlet side? That might be an irrelevant question.

What a GEM of a property!

Eel

Eel, I'll let Joey answer your questions, but I've been to it and every thing he says about it's beauty and location is spot on!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-12 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]Eel, Thanks!! I was told that it is 2/3 of an acre but there is a hiking trail easement along the river bank so the build-able portion is limited to about what you can see in the pic's. It is not a normally configured lot, kinda triangular on the buildable portion but plenty big for a modest one or two story cabin and garage.

Electric pole needs to be installed. Power is right at the entrance and they will run power to my pole once installed. Water and sewer is to edge of property. My old boss installed both when these riverfronts were developed. Propane, no natural gas in Chester yet.

Yes, This river, the north fork of the Feather, dumps into Lake Almanor, inlet, about a mile or less below town. As i have mentioned before in these pages, where the stream meets the lake is among my 2-3 all time greatest places on earth. The access all the way along is open to all for the walking and the fishing can at times be awesome but there is a spirit there down near the mouth, hard to describe, that just gets in a guy's blood, did mine anyway, makes one appreciate nature and life, it seeps into your sole.

Edit; Thanks Overton but Cash talks. Years ago i was seriously thinking of moving to Burney where there are hardly any plumbers. My Real Estate lady, a good one, listed this property for $175K. We had some interest but that was right about the time things went in the toilet.

1911, Yep, be glad to! I'll take no pay though as not so sure how good my lessons would be. I do know this River pretty good though and i've had my decent days.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Mike, No need! City water and sewer are all ready right to the edge of the property!. This is lot #1 of 12 or so, riverfronts, the only one in town for sale as far as i know. Some have Beautiful homes and yards on them.

Nick, Thanks buddy! Hope your hunt works out well for you this year! Congrats!!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom