My dilemma

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The late season Aleutian Goose season starts in about a month.

My goose hunting buddy.....or should I say my former goose hunting buddy.....

He just got divorced from his fifth wife. His fifth wife's brother owns the ranch we've been goose hunting on. Now my buddy can't (or doesn't want to) hunt the ranch any more. His fifth divorce is not going very smooth and he is apprehensive about even showing up at her brother's place. Afraid he might get shot, or kicked off. lol.

He says I should go ahead and hunt by myself, which is kind of a bummer. He's really not into hunting geese that much, but goes just because we're friends. It honestly wouldn't bother him if I hunted without him.

I'm not real sure if the owner would welcome me or not. He has no phone and lives a hermit's life. You have to drive there and hunt him down in the various houses and barns on the ranch. Sometimes you can't find him at all, even though his truck is there. The times I've talked to him, he seems real nice.

Do I chance it, or give up on hunting the ranch?

Eel

If it is something you love to do, and it's a good place, it would be well worth an early trip there just to establish a new personal relationship with the owner. Take him some kind of peace offering, depending on what he likes, to show you are serious, an offer to exchange some work as trade for hunting opportunities.

Call him & let him know you're Interested in his Sister!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

Borrow your buddies truck, gun, hunting gear, and make your appearance similar to his. Go hunting and act like you own the place. If you don't get shot it should be safe for your buddy to go out next time. If not, you took one for the team.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

You better get over and ask the Farmer I hear these little pesky vermin eat eelgrass?? Do you have both types of cacklers? Wish we had the geese you have! Are they as big as the Canadians?
Rutnbuck

If you hear dueling banjo's then turn around and get the hell of town............true story according to Bessy.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

"If you hear dueling banjo's then turn around and get the hell of town............true story according to Bessy."

I heard from a very reliable source Bessy was playing the lead Banjo in the original movie ..... True Story.... Terry

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-13 AT 03:29PM (MST)[p] I would make a visit out there to just talk to him, without the intentions of hunting it, and see how it goes. Just explain that you know the situation is ugly, and your hoping it doesnt ruin chances for you to continue to access the place. My bet is he still allows you access....
Worst he can say is no....

>let overton buy the ranch
>and then we can all
>go hunt goose's

Goose's? Is tha some more French spelling?

2311idiot.jpg

>>let overton buy the ranch
>>and then we can all
>>go hunt goose's
>
>
>
>Goose's? Is tha some more French
>spelling?
>

yep
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

I'll probably try and talk to the owner and get a feel for what's going on. Thanks for the advice.

I told my buddy he has 30 days to find a new woman with a ranch we can hunt, or our friendship is over! Knowing him, he will find one. His second (or third) wife had a great blacktail ranch that he killed a couple B&C bucks on.

Eel

>Danny...just ignore these plicks and spell
>anyway you want.
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

thanks kilo, your still my friend but i cant say much about some of these others. and yea i can spell geese

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom