My Daughter Scores in Wyoming

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
All of the anticipation was worth it. Kacie (15 years old)wacked this great goat on Tuesday night. We passed on 3 other bucks before she decided to pull the trigger on this one. The winds were blowing 50-60 mph which made any shot over 200 yards almost impossible. She did a great job and made a tough 180 yard shot after a 100 yard belly crawl to get within shooting distance. My wife stayed back once we decided to belly crawl (imagine that) but my 11 year old crawled right with us and filmed the whole thing. A great thing for a dad to experience. We had a little victory dance "a little shake....and bake" and then took these pics. Enjoy!

P1010086.jpg

P1010083.jpg

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Congrats to you and your family. Tell your daughter great job on the stalk and the shot. Hard to tell by the smile, but I hope she had fun. Scott

Jim,

Tell Kacie nicely done! That is a great goat. I was wondering when we would hear from you? Good to see her get a great critter!

I'd have to venture that this hunt ranks right up near the top, congrats to you and your girl, what memories!

Great for you and your young one!

I will say this much for you, ktc, Uthunting, and the rest of you M&M dads......

You are doing a wonderful job with your youth hunters!!

I am thinking 'Never Enough Volume 5' will be one solid Youth Hunters DVD!

Thanks to all you dads for sharing.

Robb

Very Nice!
Nothing more satisfying than to watch the eyes of your son or daughter light up with the thrill of success.
Way to go dad!
HH

Jim,

That is awesome! I bet that beats all the elk you guided huh? I can't wait to take my boy hunting. He starts hunters safety in 2 weeks! What a rush! Congrats to you and your daughter!

Thanks for the kind words guys! I had Kacie read them all. She is still pretty pumped. We watched the video the other night and relived the whole thing. If I can suggest a hunt to do with your kids, this is the one. She got to be selective with the shot, didn't feel rushed, got to glass the buck she wanted and then make the stalk. The nice thing is, there was enough bucks running around that you could blow a stalk and not feel too bad about it. Also, it's a great way to get the whole family involved. Her 11 year old sister gets to hunt this unit next year (100% draw odds) and she's already saying she is going to get one bigger.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

AWLB,

That is a neat story. I know my daughter was also impressed with Kacie's goat! She said wow, she got a good one! Congrats again to your daughter. She probably had a pretty good guide also? ;-) Sounds like she did not need on though! Ha!

PleaseDear,

That is a great compliment to us. It is exciting but tough to teach the youngsters! You want them to do well so bad, but they have to kind of learn the ropes themselves through some experience and failures.

ss,

Where is your boy taking his HS? Cabelas did a great job with my daughter! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

KTC,

My boy is taking it here in Riverton. Close to home with football and everything else going on ya know? It should be fun. I was able to pick a class that I can attend every night with him which is not easy with my schedule! I hope to have many posts like this one and the one with your daughter as well. I remember how I excited I was when my wife bow killed her 1st deer. I can imagine how fun it will be for my boy and 2 girls! Thanks for posting and sharing both your daughters hunts! You and Jim "done real good" this year!

Chad

I love to see these young people getting their animals and a nice buck at that. Great job young lady!

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

AWLB!

Great to see the young lady's picture in the SFW photo gallery! Awesome job AWLB and Kacie! Congrats once again!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom