My Buddy Big Wein

joesikora

Long Time Member
This afternoon I found out My fat little 5’x4’ best buddy (5’ tall 4’ around) Brian Joseph Werner AKA Weiner AKA Big Wein because of his special gift God has give him! He was airing up his JD mower tires and one of them blow up in his face causing him to receive severe multiple facial cuts, bruises but the worst thing is he lost his right eye!

Gator, you heard me talk about him coming up with us to hunt Ditch Parrots with you and your family Anyway.. you know how you know something’s wrong? Well I hate I was right. I called and texted him several times from Thursday or Friday through today with no response. I called my FIL and said Weiner hasn’t called or texted me in several days “something’s got to be wrong”! On the way back to my house another guy we know text and asked if I heard about what happened to Wiener? This is one time I wished I was wrong!
What really sucks is that I’ve been on him for 20+ years to start enjoying yourself saying we don’t have 30 or 40 years left he‘ll be 63 come fall after I turn 61. Weiner has been wanting to kill a trophy Whitetail or maybe a Muley for years. I already killed a nice WT and a nice Muley but I told him I’ll do all the leg work and I’ll go along with him so he’ll do it. Weiner isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer but he’s one on my top 5 Best Buds so all of us guys have always looked out for him. He has anxiety issues that keeps him from doing the things he wants to do but then he just is afraid to do them. I had problems with anxiety, panic attack issues 26 or 27 years ago so I kinda know what he goes through. I had him and my BIL Junior all ready to go up to SD to hang with Gator and family but I let everyone down because of my issues. I just said Next Year! Well do what you can do when you can do it! I‘m sure it will be hard for him at first but hopefully he’ll be able to adjust maybe shoot left handed or something! He is suppose to go home tomorrow so his younger sister said to get him a few days or so. She said that he was still very sedated when she left him this afternoon and that he really doesn’t realize what has actually happened to him! So go do the things you love doing, spend time with your love ones and whenever possible tell your family and best buds your love them.
Please keep Big Wein in your prayers.

Peace

Weiner’s sister asked me will he be able to still go bird hunting with being right handed and losing his right eye. Has anyone dealt with this?

Weiner’s sister asked me will he be able to still go bird hunting with being right handed and losing his right eye. Has anyone dealt with this?
My brother lost his right eye and had to switch to lefty… Granted he was 16 at the time but at any rate he’s a fantastic lefty shooter…

I Remember Talking With Tikka & BATTLE WOUNDS OF LIFE stories!

Ya!

WE'VE ALL GOT A FEW!

I Can't Remember Exactly What Happened But If I Remember Right It was one of Those "DON'T TELL MOM" Stories!

It Hurts Just Thinking About It!

I Remember Talking With Tikka & BATTLE WOUNDS OF LIFE stories!

Ya!

WE'VE ALL GOT A FEW!

I Can't Remember Exactly What Happened But If I Remember Right It was one of Those "DON'T TELL MOM" Stories!

It Hurts Just Thinking About It!
Nailed it…?

I actually switched to shooting left hand (trap) for a while due to some eye dominance issues. I was breaking 20s from the 16 yard line after only a few hundred rounds. Ended up staying right handed and blocking my left eye completely.

My dad trashed trashed his shoulder and had to shoot left handed for about a year and actually did pretty well. Start small, bb gun or a .22. Get the mechanics and muscle memory down pat. Good luck to your friend !

I talked with him the other day and he didn’t mention the loss of his eye until 20 plus minutes into the conversation I’m sure he didn’t want to think about it. Then told me what happened he was filling up the tire on a little wagon that he pulls behind his John Deere mower it was an old one that had a split rim so the rivets broke and half of the rim hit him first in the hand breaking 2 fingers then in face which fractured his cheek bones hitting just below his left eye and damaged his right eye beyond repair he said it hit him so hard that the rim was bent in half laying on the garage floor. The medical people said that if hadn‘t hit his hand first it would have killed him so he was very lucky

He does want to thank you all for your well wishes and encouragement that he will be able bird hunt again

Last edited:
I talked with him the other day and he didn’t mention the loss of his eye until 20 plus minutes into the conversation I’m sure he didn’t want to think about it. Then told me what happened he was filling up the tire on a little wagon that he pulls behind his John Deere mower it was an old one that had a split rim so the rivets broke and half of the rim hit him first in the hand breaking 2 fingers then in face which fractured his cheek bones hitting just below his left eye and damaged his right eye beyond repair he said it hit him so hard that the rim was bent in half laying on the garage floor. The medical people said that if hadn‘t hit his hand first it would have killed him so he was very lucky

He does want to thank you all for your well wishes and encouragement that he will be able bird hunt again
Holy sh!t that didn't sound good, glad he's in the shape he's in...

Here is my buddy Weiner! He is looking very good after all that has happened. He said he went to the Eye Dr yesterday, she sure did a great job of making him feel good about a bad situation, he was very positive and acting like his old self again. I think she assured him that he will be able to continue bird hunting he has always been a good shot Wackin and Stackin Ducks, Geese and Dove and hopefully this fall Ditch Parrots and maybe even hunting out west in the future.

54DE0D8E-94BC-45B5-8CFE-5EA9DBBD4C61.jpeg

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom