My beautiful daughter's first Antelope WY

NMPaul

Hoping that worked, first attempt at attaching a photo.

My daughter drew a good unit in WY and shot a real nice Antelope on Sat. Basically we had a day and a half to get it done so she only missed one day of school.
We saw a lot of bucks and kept an eye on this guy and she went back and shot it after we were sure we would not find a better one.
He is 14.5" and i green scored him at 76 2/8. He got a boost in his score because he is so wide.

It was a great road trip with my daughter.

Cant wait for a deer hunt she has here in NM. She is no where near as obsessed with hunting as I am, but, I think she enjoyed the time we spent together. By the way she is the sweetest 13 year old in the world.

4701bbd4520c2367.jpg

Very good, you must be very proud of her. My 12 year old daughter shot her first deer this year. I know how you feel. It is very fun to take your children hunting.

Bill

Congrats to you and your daughter Paul. The smile says it all. I remember my daughters first whitetail buck like it was yesterday. She shot it when she was 12 - her first year hunting. I was sitting with her and I'm honestly not sure if I would have been more excited if I'd shot the new world record. Cherish the moment !! C.C.

Paul, congrats to you both. I really look forward to your posts these days , it's so awesome to see another dad so dedicated to being active in the outdoors with the family. Congrats and tell her she did "just right"...Larry
Lookin forward to this weeks elk hunt up here for your wife, they are screaming absolute NUTTS!

NMhuntnutt.

It looks like real clear weather this weekend. May make it an early and late hunt. Looks like it will be mild.

Hoping to get unit 11 at the valle caldera as i am somewhat familiar with it.

You're one very lucky DAD, but I'm sure you already know that. Congrats to your daughter, and remind her to keep her grades up so that she can continue doing this special stuff with you.

Luckily with this one she takes good care of her grades. She did her homework on the way there and back.
She also did crunches in the passenger seat because she said we did not get enough excercise.
Thats what I should have been doing. She has good disciplines, now my boys, thats another story.

There is no wideth measurement on antelope. It is a supplementary measurement only. it does not go into the score. I think alot of people add the wide to the score and it is for reference only.

Congratulations to your daughter for a successful hunt, and the picture too.

bb

Pope and young is the same. tip to tip spread and inside spread are not added to the score. A common mistake made by most people on antelope.

Huntnfool, you are right. I looked at the score sheet. I used the worksheet on the computer and while they asked the question they didn't use it in the score. Score was 76+.

Thanks for enlightening me. I did not pay close attention to the score sheet when it gave the score and how it calculated it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom