My archery hunt is over and hasnt even started

wstrntines

Very Active Member
well turns out on friday I got in a bad four wheeler wreck. went to the doc tonight and found out I have a torn rotator cuff dislocated shoulder and torn scalpula could be out for six months. Sure wish I could kill a backcountry muley but turns out that wont happen this year. So Im gonna film as many buddies and family members as possible. Hopefully since I cant hunt a disabled or needy person or someone who has lost a loved one or a young kid can kill his first deer to bring a smile to my face. For everyone who gets to archery hunt this year dont take it for granted and go every chance you get ya never know when somethin like this is gonna shatter your dreams of a fun huntin season.

Sorry to hear you will be missing that last good OTC archery hunt in the state. I have a buddy that opted for 9 screws and 2 plates in his ankle after a wake boarding wreck that is is the same boat as you.

Good luck on the recovery and don't push yourself more than the doc tells you or you will probably be out longer.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Sorry about your accident. Sounds like your attitude is OK.....but if it is not, check out how many people DIED over the 4th, while recreating!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Sorry about your accident. That is too bad but at least it isn't worse than it is. We never know when something could happen to us to prevent us from doing what we love. Heal up and be ready for next year.

http://www.outfitterfocus.com

Keep your chin up, it could be worse.
Good for you for sticking with it though, helping someone can be just as rewarding. Good luck to you, spend as much time as you can helping others, build a little stock in the bank of karma.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Ya it will be tough Im really scared money is gonna be tight. Ive never had to set out a season of huntin. Thanks for the support though guys. Its amazing just how much your body can take and you have no clue its as bad as it is. So far my scapula is broke and im just waitin to hear back on the mri. So boys keep postin pics so I can get excited on the horn growth.

Oh and if I turn in my tag does anyone know if I turn in my tag if Ill be eligable for a point next year.

I was in the same boat as you in 2004 with a broken elbow and torn shoulder. I didnt think I was going to get to hunt. I followed the doctors advise to a tee, did my therapy probably because of my age and being in good shape I healed up faster then expected. I was able to pull my bow back for the first time the night before the opener and killed my best buck ever that year a few months later. So dont give up! maybe you can still hunt. you can always get a cross bow and hunt with a doctors note!

good luck!

Dang I'm sorry to hear about that. You seem to have a great attitude about it. I hope that things will turn around for you and a big muley will be waiting for you next year.

well turns out the scapula and only one muscle is torn. So hopefully the huntin gods will shine down and I can do what you did swbuckmaster that would totally make my year to make a killer recovery and archery hunt and get a good one but if not itll be awesome. Im gonna help a friend whos buddy has a henrys archery tag on the early part of the hunt so if im still off work im gonna live down there for alot of the archery hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom