My 2011 Archery Whitetail

S

Saskman

Here is my 2011 archery whitetail buck. I have seen him quite a bit over the summer and I had said if he gave me a chance I would take him. He is the smallest whitetail I have taken in the last 5 years but he has some good character and it was a good hunt. I have seen him crossing one certain piece of pasture everytime I spotted him this year. He never took the same path but was usually within a couple hundred yards. I set up for him monday night and I saw him and 3 other bucks but the closest he came was about 120 yards. He was on the move the whole time and there was no way to stalk in on him. Last night I went out agian and I set up closer to where I saw him come out on Monday. Wouldn't you know it he came out closer to where I was sitting on Monday. This time he was alone and moving slower and browesing so I slipped off the boots and began my stalk on him. It was slow going as it was quite calm and crunchy. There were a few cattle right in close as well and they were making a lot of noise so I think this may have helped me. I was able to get in behind a small rise and could see him slowly moving in my direction and slightly quartering to me about 90 yards away. If he kept on that path I figured he would come through a small grassy area staright in front of me. I waited a few minutes and he appeared in the opening. I was able to crawl a little bit closer and then ranged him at 40 yards. He started moving again so I grunted to stop him. He stopped looking at me and when I released he ducked a little. I hit him higher than I wanted but he started staggering right away and went less than 100 yards before going down in sight. This was just at sunset so I headed back to the truck and was able to go and get my 2.5 year old son to come out and help retrieve him and get in on the photos. He is a main frame 5X4 with a split G3 on his 4 point side and a double browtine on his 5 point side.

20110916-IMG_0481.jpg

20110916-IMG_0480.jpg

20110916-IMG_0469.jpg

Kenny this is his bad year, LOL
Nice looking whitetail buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Congrat's Cam, that Buck is a Stud....

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

Unbelievable! You seem to do it again and again with the bow and arrow. I have followed your posts for years and you always seem to get it done. I know this is Monster Muleys but I am one of the few Utah'ans that can truly appreciate a monster whitetail as well. Just looking at that buck is getting me excited for my whitetail hunts in Texas and Colorado this year. Congrats on another stud buck.

Do you still get to hunt Muleys up there or is it just one deer?

Jason Yates
Basin Archery Shop
http://www.basinarcheryshop.com
5% OFF to all MonsterMuleys.com Members!!!
Discount code = monstermuleys

Saskman, I can't tell if you inspire or depress me. Either way you are a stud! Congrats man.

>Unbelievable! You seem to do it
>again and again with the
>bow and arrow. I have
>followed your posts for years
>and you always seem to
>get it done. I know
>this is Monster Muleys but
>I am one of the
>few Utah'ans that can truly
>appreciate a monster whitetail as
>well. Just looking at that
>buck is getting me excited
>for my whitetail hunts in
>Texas and Colorado this year.
>Congrats on another stud buck.
>
>
>Do you still get to hunt
>Muleys up there or is
>it just one deer?
>
>Jason Yates
>Basin Archery Shop
>http://www.basinarcheryshop.com
>5% OFF to all MonsterMuleys.com Members!!!
>
>Discount code = monstermuleys

I already shot my muley for the year. I still have a moose tag though.

Cam,
Beauty whitey! Even though that might be one of your smaller ones, it kicks ass on any whitey I've ever killed. Congrats to ya. Great to see the little one in the pic. He looks proud as punch. Lookin' forward to your moose pics. When does the tag start?

>Cam,
>Beauty whitey! Even though that might
>be one of your smaller
>ones, it kicks ass on
>any whitey I've ever killed.
>Congrats to ya. Great to
>see the little one in
>the pic. He looks proud
>as punch. Lookin' forward to
>your moose pics. When does
>the tag start?

My Moose season starts on Oct 1. There will be 4 of us going with tags so if we all get lucky there may be a lot of work ahead.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom