My 2009 Whitetail (photos)

S

Saskman

I tagged out at about 4:15 this afternoon, opening day for our whitetail season. I had never seen this buck before. We saw a big one yesterday as well that I had never seen before either. I am not sure where these guys hide all through the summer and fall. I set up to rattle at about 4:00 this afternoon and this guy came in and I took him from the ground at a whopping 8 yards. He looks like he has been a scrapper as there were large chunks of hair missing on his neck and sides. He is quite heavy with the largest circumference going 6 2/8. He has 41 7/8 inches of mass. He is a 7X6. I scored him and came up with a total gross score of 174. His net would be substantially lower due to sides being uneven and the 3 non-typical points. Now I can relax a little, it has been a long fall.

IMG_0795-7D.jpg

IMG_0801-7D.jpg

IMG_0809-7D.jpg

IMG_0811-7D.jpg

That a awesome Buck, it takes some years to get that big and that smart. I love rattling up whitetails.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Shheeeez, do you ever not kill a trophy-class buck? That is a dream whitetail buck!

I would live there just for the hunting and fishing.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

>Saskman, what camera are you using?
> Those are outstanding pictures.
>
My current camera is a Canon 7D with various Canon lenses.

Great looking whitey Cam, congratulations. Some awesome looking prairie country in the background as well. Thanks for sharing.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Congrats, Cam. Just another STUD in the life a a real hunter. Great pics as usual. And what a scrawny body.

It still makes me want to come up that way just to look around. Great mule deer and super whitetails; what could be better?

Thanks for another good post.

>Cam how wide is he,
>
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".

He had a 20" inside spread. Not sure of the outside.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom