My 12 year old son's National History Day project on Conservation

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Well, my 12 year old son is in Riverside CA for National History Day for the State level contest. I am amazed his web page won at the school and then county level in this liberal state. I hope he does good at the State level, but Southern California is more liberal than up here. Their topic was Revolution Reaction and Reform in History. He choice to do his on "Theodore Roosevelt and Fellow Sportsmen's and Naturalist's Efforts in Conservation". If interested copy and paste the below link and check it out. I was pretty impressed with the work he did.

http://73725956.nhd.weebly.com

Bill

Bill,
Your son sure has grown up and looks like a nice school project. Hope he does good down there in SoCal during the competition.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

As the father of a 12yr old as well I am very impressed........kudos to your son. I hope he does well out there.

As another father, myself having 3 boys, you must and should be very proud. Not only did your very young son do a great job, but he obviously has a passion about something that is very important.

The point of his report, that hunters are conservationists, is something we should all be doing more to promote nationally. So again congratulations to him for his success and to you for raising him right.

Very nice. Only wish our adults would recognize Teddy's dream like your son does, instead of trying to profit from it.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. He put a lot of effort into it. Sad to report but he did not place in the finals for the state competition. I am glad he chose this topic and expresses his love for hunting to those that interviewed him. My wife took him to Disney Land after the competition to reward him for his efforts.

Thanks again for reviewing his work

Bill

Very impressive Bill! It is truly amazing what our youth can do these days on a computer. You and you wife should be very proud of his work! Any other state but CA and he would have placed I am sure!

Horniac

My computer came up with a big message to not open the link because it considered it unsafe, so I'm not going to try and circumvent the message. However, from reading all the other member posts I wanted to also congratulate you and your son and to tell you both to keep up the good work! It gives me great hope to hear stuff like that with our younguns!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]Very impressive looking and quite the factual write up.

congrats to him.

Robb

Would it be possible for someone who has read it to go back and C/P it on this thread, or is that impossible with the way it was done?

I just clicked on the web address that Bill put in his original post and got no warning at all.....there is a lot there to look at beside his statement, they are graphs etc.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I just clicked on it again and it says the website has been reported as containing malicious software and viruses that can read all my computer information and possibly do damage to my computer. I have never had anything like this come up before, so I guess I'll skip it and just stay with my Congrats to the young man for a job well done based on all the comments on here! Kudos to Bill and Son!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom