My 04 Ore. Ram

Desertflinger

My 04 Ore. Ram

4222a16260ae4fa0.jpg

4222a1bf6169219a.jpg

4222a2816295b2ff.jpg

4222a35b63de1e1d.jpg

4222a3e864ec2345.jpg

I drew my tag after 16 years! I stalked this guy twice with a bow and then he changed zip-codes. Soooooooooo close too! He fell to my trusty .243 and I got it on video. The small photo is of him two months earlier. My 12 year old daughter and I found him. After living in the desert for three months, this was the best I could find out of 30 rams. Truly magnificent animals. I have come to respect old rams. The rest of the photos are from the scouting trips.

RE: My 04 Ore. Ram

Congrats to you on a fine Ram and also the great pictures too. Thanks for posting them. Which area in Oregon did you get this Ram?

Brian

Congrats on a great looking ram!

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-05 AT 06:28AM (MST)[p]Awesome! Great photos. Between the ram, the photos, and sharing the whole experience with your daughter...trip of a lifetime.
One question are you a resident?

Greg

CONGATULATIONS Desertflinger!
Thanks for sharing....that's awesome.

Lien2

Wow. Terrific ram. California Bighorn I'm assuming, correct? Not a Rocky. You put in the effort that makes the reward all the sweeter. Congratulations!

Now eastern Oregon is some big ass country LOL. So a little more precise Does not look like the steens so which John Day or one of the other big time deep river canyons.
Dave

4223c1214a4016fe.jpg

I don't see many people out here and my wife hasn't drawn her sheep tag yet! Ask me again after she draws. The odd are only 400:1. ;-)

DF:

Great story and a beautiful animal. I've put in for sheep since day one in Washington, which is about 20 years. I can only dream about being drawn!!!!!!

Well deserved! Very nice thanks for sharing. Have you had him scored yet? Thats cool you have your choice of weapon to hunt with. Jeff

Beutiful Ram!!! Congradulations!!! I apply in Oregon I have 6 Points I did apply in Deshutes but now that I am a Non-Resident I have to apply in John-Day!!! Good Luck to your wife. Patient's is a virtue!!! Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom