Muzzy deer in 67 / Fishing Blue Mesa

Servehim

Very Active Member
Greetings MM faithful, heading up next week to scout higher county in 67 for my muzzy deer tag in September. Rich in Oregon really helped me out for a late rifle tag a few years ago but never explored the higher county . He already gave me some pointers but looking to get dialed in on a more specific area to set up and spend time exploring. Most of my time will be on the atv looking at where roads go and where private blocks access, I'll dig into maps etc after i know where i can get into. Words of wisdom gracious accepted.
Taking my wife and son on this hunt and fishing after the deer hunt is on the agenda as we have a few days between my Utah goat hunt. Any pointers on Blue Mesa fishing near the end of September? I'm planning on taking my canoe with a trolling motor just because its a blast getting out on the water. My son is a truck driver and got a leave of absence for a month to spend time with mom /dad and pursue his great love of the outdoors. I'm totally Pumped. I've even considered getting a guide for a day to learn the hot spots and methods that time of year....hoping you guys might can save me some money. Thanks in advance for any help.

The road (US 50) between Montrose and Gunnison is closed to trailers because a bridge going over Blue Mesa had a crack on it. I would check on that. Other than that I hope you and your family have a great hunt. I’ll be in 76 chasing elk the same season!

I'm grateful for that information guys, didn't know that. Not taking my big trailer as I'll be by myself, just my truck with a slide in camper and a small trailer with atv and canoe. I'll dig in more tomorrow. Appreciate the MM faithful.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom