muzzleloader speedgoat

I

idelkhunter25

Here is my Idaho Speedgoat that was taken on Aug 1 2008.

He is 14 inches. He is missing a little bit of his prong.

48964b001e99e759.jpg

48964a931cb89cca.jpg

Good looking buck!

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Very nice! Congratulations.

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

Great look'n buck. Do you have a story to go with your photo? At least tell us about your rifle, load and shot distance.

Awesome buck! I like how you set up the pictures; very often great bucks are killed and crappy pictures are taken by excited hunters. Such is not the case!!! I agree with everyone else though; Details would be nice; Guided-not guided?, state?, distance?, etc. Looks to me like a Nevada Archery Buck, but I could be wrong. Regardless... Congrats on such an awesome trophy!

I am stupid, just noticed the title "Muzzleloading Speedgoat" - Cant be Nevada then.... My bad... I get excited when I see awesome Antelope Pics.

Congrats on a nice looking antelope to get the hunting season off to a good start.

RR

Congrats on a beautiful buck. Tell us a little about the hunt. Man, hunt season is just around the corner here in NM too. Thanks for sharing it....Again congrats....NM

Nice goat big Dan,
One of the best shots I have ever witnessed. You shouldn't have to wear the pink hat with that one!
JT

That is a great goat, my son has a youth muzzleloader hunt for the same area, we will spend this weekend chasing speed goats.

46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Alright here is the story.

I started to stalk this buck after we messed up a previous stalk. He wasn't to concerned with my presence. Started at about 300 yards stalking when the buck had his head down feeding. When he would look my way I would freeze until he started feeding again. I was able to cut the distance down to 180 yards witch was still too far. Then I was able to get him at 150 but when I was able to get a shot he started to trot further out. I was able to get the distance back to 150 and decided that it was now or never so I pulled up the CVA powerbolt inline with open sites loaded with 100 grains of pyrodex select pushing Hornady Great Plains 385 gr hollow point bullet and let the lead fly. After the smoke screen cleared I didn't see the buck but I heard my buddies hooting and hollering. I interpreted the yelling as a hit but before I could think the buck was up. And of course I wasn't prepared with a speedloader or even my gear. So I went sprinting the 300+ yards back to the pickup. When I got back the guys told me that I had rolled the buck and they said the bullet flew true with the buck bleeding behind the shoulder. Assuming the buck was expired I reloaded the gun and went after him, when I knew that I should leave his as he was bedded but still had his head up. Wouldn't you know that we bunped the buck and the marithon was on. A couple more misses and the buck bedded and we left hem to expire. While watching through the scope I see the buck with legs kicking in the air. So we went to get him and there he was. I scored him and he scored 72. I know I am gonna catch flak for the distance, but oh well I am happy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom