muzzle loader ibex

J

jds

looks as though i drew a muzzle loader ibex tag for nm. anyone here hunted them or have ideas?

jds

You drew my tag you dirty dog! LOL , You have a true world class hunt , there are monster billes galore on the mountain. Build your body for extreme rugged rock pile, have good grub and water , great glasses and have your smoke pole dialed in to atleast 150 yards(200 IF POSSIBLE) , and you'll get your chance.

BIG TIME CONGRATS ON A SUPER TAG!

thanks! i have seen a few pics here on this site. looks like some fun country with great animals.

jds

Congrats on drawing the tag. Make sure you bring good optics. The bigger billies are usually easy to spot with their whitish coats. The ibex will be on the cliffs early and late. Watch the wind and keep a watch out for the sentry nannies when you make your stalk. Once they blow out, they rarely stop within blackpowder range. They are very, very difficult to get close to. The added 15 tags this year might actually work to your advantage. You have drawn an awesome hunt.

Good luck and have fun!

Horniac

thanks. didn't realize they added that many tags. that will certianly help... now to get in better shape.

jds

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom