MUTTON Ziggy?

I have seen it happen with even the best of dogs - any owner who says "Oh my dog would never do that" is an idiot. That is what dogs do - it is their nature - they kill. Especially if they are allowed to run free and pack up with other dogs. Keep them kenneled, chained, in-doors or expect them to be shot if you leave near sheep or other livestock.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

the sheep herder said the dogs have killed 20,000 dollars in sheep. When the heck is 18 sheep worth 20,000 grand. You go to an auction and you could probably get a sheep for a hundred bucks.

who farted?

It's been many years but I once caught 2 dogs floating downriver holding onto a deer by the throat. I grabbed the .22 (cause it was gopher season) and let them have it. Blood trails all over after the dust settled and the deer ran away. I hate killing pets but you have to when they cross the line.

"gopher season"????

You sh!ting us Zigger? Gopher season? Early - Late or over the counter? Does Denny Austead know there are tags available for trophy Gopher?

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

I believe there still is a U.S. Goverment code section that states a property owner can kill any dog that is on his property and harrassing livestock. That can be cows, sheep, horses or even chickens.

It also stated the person who shoots the dog or dogs could not be held liable in a criminal or civil court. Our rural officers used to carry a copy of this U.S. Goverment code to show dog owners what could happen to their dogs if they allowed them to run loose. The dog owners, city slickers who moved to the country, would really scream about another land owner shooting their dogs for chasing cows or sheep and demand he be arreasted.
They would shut up when we advised them of this law, and thanked them for telling us they were the owners of the dog that got shot and we would be notifying the livestock owner so he could sue them for any damages and demand they also face charges for allowing their dog to run loose.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom