Murtha Finds Military Progress

overton

Long Time Member
Murtha finds military progress in trip to Iraq
Warns that Iraqis must do more for their own security
Thursday, November 29, 2007
By Jerome L. Sherman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
WASHINGTON - U.S. Rep. John Murtha today said he saw signs of military progress during a brief trip to Iraq last week, but he warned that Iraqis need to play a larger role in providing their own security and the Bush administration still must develop an exit strategy.

"I think the 'surge' is working," the Democrat said in a videoconference from his Johnstown office, describing the president's decision to commit more than 20,000 additional combat troops this year. But the Iraqis "have got to take care of themselves."

Violence has dropped significantly in recent months, but Mr. Murtha said he was most encouraged by changes in the once-volatile Anbar province, where locals have started working closely with U.S. forces to isolate insurgents linked to Al Qaeda.

He said Iraqis need to duplicate that success at the national level, but the central government in Baghdad is "dysfunctional."

Mr. Murtha's four day-trip took him to a Thanksgiving dinner with troops in Kuwait last Thursday, and he then made stops in Iraq, Turkey and Belgium.

That guy needs the taser. The only Marine that i can think of that i hate. The guy is an Idiot!

He said Iraqis need to duplicate that success at the national level, but the central government in Baghdad is "dysfunctional."

I bet the Iraqis say that about our government.

Ransom

Idiot is descriptive but not of Murtha. He was against the surge but when he sees it first hand he says its working. It would have been easy for him to say its an absolute failure and leave it for debate. Instead he gives an honest assessment and you call this decorated marine an idiot. I know he's an old man but he might just take your taser an stick it where the sun doen't shine.
Ransom
Our government is dysfunctional just not as dysfunctioonal as theirs.

gilamonster8 and Overton I could not agree more.

Soon T and Dude and Forskin will be on here posting nothing but negative comments and trying to convince us that the US military can't win in Iraq.

I have said all along that the Dems will be on the wrong side of history on this one. I gues you could say that was 202's first Quatrain...............LMAO

P.S.
I would pay money to see Murtha get tased.
"Don't tase me Bro"

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

So we are to believe when Murtha said in April of this year the surge is not working and will NEVER work that was an honest assesment?
Then when the rat scum bag called our Marines "Cold Blooded Murderers" even before they went to trial, at a time of war where the enemy is watching him on CNN, that was his honest assesment. Then when they were found clear of all charges he never even so much as apologises to the men he condemnd let alone apologise to us. He is nothing more than a political animal that cares only about himself.

Hell I would volunteer to operate the friggin taser on that no good &*%$#*&^%$# *&&&^%$##$

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

202typical love your enthuiasm great quality. Do we know the information he had at the time? Some have committed atrocities, yes he did say the surge isn't working and now admits it is to an extent. Has Bush retracted from the speech the war is over victory is ours?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-07 AT 04:54PM (MST)[p]>202typical love your enthuiasm great quality.
>Do we know the information
>he had at the time?
> Some have committed atrocities,
>yes he did say the
>surge isn't working and now
>admits it is to an
>extent. Has Bush retracted
>from the speech the war
>is over victory is ours?
>

Cornhusker

Has Bush retracted
>from the speech the war

Are you sure that's an exact quote?

Ransom

4750a2b269eb68e9.jpg

>202typical love your enthuiasm great quality.
>Do we know the information
>he had at the time?
> Some have committed atrocities,
>yes he did say the
>surge isn't working and now
>admits it is to an
>extent. Has Bush retracted
>from the speech the war
>

Typical of those with Bush derangement Syndrom. Avoid the question with a question that has absolutley nothing to do with the topic at hand.

---Theodore Roosevelt,

Cornhole Has Murtha retracted his foul crap about the Marines yet? Yet yet you still defend him. You must just luv our troops right.

Who can answer if the troop surge has eliminated or postponed the violence in Iraq? when the troops withdraw if things stay on the somewhat improved level they are you can claim success. haven't we heard " mission acomplished " once before ?

To say Murtha is an idiot is just like the attacks we saw on Kerry, take a decorated war veteran and trash him if his opinions very from your agenda. real classy.

> Who can answer if the
>troop surge has eliminated or
>postponed the violence in Iraq?
>when the troops withdraw if
>things stay on the somewhat
>improved level they are you
>can claim success. haven't we
>heard " mission acomplished "
>once before ?
>
> To say Murtha is an
>idiot is just like the
>attacks we saw on Kerry,
>take a decorated war veteran
>and trash him if his
>opinions very from your agenda.
>real classy.

Absolutely I've heard mission acomplished. Are you really saying that the sailors who had been part in the destruction of the Iraqi Army, Navy and Air Force, after leaving the theatre, could not post their own banner? THEIR MISSION WAS ACCOMPLISHED. That ship and those sailors had a mission to defeat the Iraqi Military. See any Iraqi Regulars around? Major combat was over, suicide bombers and other liberals have their own fight and receive much comfort from Murtha and you.

Ransom

I only got a couple pics and they aren't great ones probably. after passing on 180 class bucks and not getting shots on a couple 200 class bucks getting a 160 the last day is a little uneventful.

Dude wecome back,we want to see them pics. I know you must have had a great time, but the poop coming from your fingers still stinks.

I did have a great time but the hunt was harder and the number of hunters was greater than I expected. I passed on some great deer looking for a greater one and it didn't pay off but that's hunting.

Stop picking your nose and you'll see the poop isn't on my finger.

Sounds like to me that Murtha jumped the ship and left Perlosi, Clinton, Reid, Kennedy and few others behind. I wonder if he is coming up for re-election next year and decided to change course on his fellow liberal dems. I bet they are pissed off about his so called "change of heart" and making it public.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom