Multiple stray cats

I had a great uncle, him and his wife had way too many cats, she would take in any and all strays, and they multiplied like crazy. When my uncle had enough he waited until one Sunday morning while she was gone to church. He filled the community food bowl she fed them all in with milk, when they all dove in for a drink he blasted away with a shotgun and disposed of the bodies }>

What happened to the days where could turn in a ferel cat ear and got an extra bird stamped on your card? Here kitty kitty

As a kid in high school, my uncle owned a vineyard just outside the city limits of town. Every Tom, #####, and Harry would dump off their unwanted cats in his vineyard. Upon reaching the point of being a major nuisance, he hired my best friend and I to shoot the cats with our 22 rifles.
He paid us 25 cents per cat and we earned our money to go to the show that way. 22lr ammo was only about 50-75 cents per box of 50 and we were able to stock up on our plinking ammo.
We had a great deal until my Grandmother found out and she put a stop to it real quick. boy did my uncle get a dressing down from Grandma. So did my friend and I.

RELH

I liked the way Elmer Keith dealt with them...He sat on the porch and D-tailed them with his pistol! All but the one he wanted to keep, he said the ones he D-tailed never came back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom