muley shed mount

D

Droptine59

Im having one of my mule deer capes mounted so that i can put sheds on it. I was wondering if anyone else has done the same if so what skull plate is the best to use. I want to be able to switch out sheds. I have acouple different sets of sheds i want to use...

Because bucks antlers come off their heads differently, it my be difficult to get them to line up correctly. Not saying it can't be done, but it will be difficult. I've had several sets mounted and the taxi used different plates. He stopped using them to mount removable sheds and just bonded the post in where they needed to go. I'd like to change a couple sets out as well, just haven't talked to the taxi about it.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

You may want to consider surfing the web for a taxi. That does removable horns. A neighbor once had an elk that the horns screwed on. They did it to transport the mount because the horns were so big. Seems somebody out there must do. Depends how much time and money you want to put into it. Plus shipping out of state. We live in Kali. So that would be a good place to start.

Try West Coast Taxidermy Studio, San Bruno, CA. These guys provide mounts for a lot of movies and TVSeries so if anyone would be setup to mount removable racks. It would be these guys.

Good Luck,

))))------->

Thanks for the help Fella's. I will let you guys know how it turns out :) sorry for the delay been busy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom