mule deer

N

Nate (Guest)

I just wanted to know if people prefer hunting muleys in the low lands, or love hunting timberline bucks.
I hunt timberline bucks for 7 years strait and its some hard #####, i can't understand why people like low land hunting, because it seem's to be a wast of time. please your remarks. nate

THEM LOW LAND MULEYS ARE FOR WIMPS!!!!!!

IT IS A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!

THE BEST THING ABOUT THEM HIGH MOUNTAIN MULEYS ARE THE HIGH MOUNTAIN TUNE UPS!!!!!!

THE ONLY BOBCATMESS PREFERRING TO HUNT WHERE TUNE UPS ARE DONE!!!!!!

I have killed so many bucks in most of the western states timber line bucks! but the best bucks i ever killed were low land bucks
I love hunting the timber line rock bucks. In the rocky steep basins near the top of the draws. You can always kill a good one and there are many! But if u want a big buck hunt the low land resident bucks where no one goes and the rabbits carry canteens. Better winters not as harsh live longer!! Tougher hunting also. Hunt the land on discontent where no one goes.

Nate: some people try to hunt where they know there are big bucks. example would be Mexico.....you have monsters out in the flats, thats where they live. I guess if what does it for you is the scenery/experience, then hunt the terrain you like but if your goal is primarily a monster buck, you hunt where they are whether its the lowlands or the alpine, it all depends on where your drawn.............. Allen Taylor......

Nate I have hunted low lands and taking some nice buck I have hunted high desert and taken some nice bucks,Ihave hunted cedar's and pondorosa pines and have taken nice bucks and they are all in the same unit. Its is nice to have such a selection of places to hunt as I do don't find them in one spot go to another I'am fortunate to have such access to these areas.I live 60-to120 miles frome antbody not saying nobody lives around me but put the extra effert into going places nobody wants to go.

I think Bura said it best. Generally speaking though, sage brush and canyon badlands seem to produce bigger bucks.
-Raptor

question, i have my own private property that i hunt mule deer, during the summer i see big monster bucks but just before hunting season i never see these bucks and its frustrating because i dont have much hunting preasure at all, this is 6 years in a row now that i see this, why is this?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom