Mule deer help

larrbo

Very Active Member
I have never put in for mule deer in Idaho before. Are there any units that have a decent chance at drawing that have some deer in them? I went on the Idaho game and fish site and had a hard time figuring out where to start. Thanks.

It's just like other states. In most of the units it's the same, the harder the tag is to draw the better chance you have at a big buck. It comes down to scouting, or getting lucky. Some of the general season units have lots better deer than the draw units. IMO. I think alot of hunter's from out of state look over some decent units in their quest for a BIG BUCK. All of us Idaho boys keep our lips pretty tight on our general season area's. Some of the units in the central part of Idaho have decent deer numbers with lower hunting pressure. There's alot of thick timber so it makes glassing tough. The southern part of Idaho gets the most pressure. I would study the harvest reports and drawing odds. Good luck!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-11 AT 04:11PM (MST)[p]fishandgame.idaho.gov do some exploring on the hunt planner and draw odds and success rates to find what better fits you desires. good job on researching and doing it early there's alot of people who don't. my first year hunting in idaho i just bs d my way through the app and ended up drawing a unit 45 general tag. little did i know its one of the biggest trophy spots in idaho. i didn't think much of it and ended up shooting a doe in 43 general season. i was underage so a doe was ok to shoot. now i know that i had a small piece of gold in my pocket i kick myself cause may not draw it for many years and still haven't. good luck!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom