Muffler Bearing Help.... AyA?

AZStickman

AyA... I've been reading your threads and could only wonder how so much bad luck could happen to one guy well I guess it's my turn. My F-250 just started making a real odd rattling noise, it seems to be coming from the back. My neighbor told me my muffler bearing needed replacement. It sits on top of the gas tank and he tells me have to remove two gas tank support brackets and torch the neck of the fill tube at the tank, he even lent me his torch. My concern is I have to support and lower the full tank safely after I torch it, any suggestions? I thought you may have done this before..... Thanks Terry

Well Terry,
I've had a few F-250's,notice I said 'had'
Both of them throwed the muffler bearings,so don't feel like an isolated case.
My neighbor also loned me a torch with instructions about the same.
But I thought it out,no way in hell was I going to use a torch.
So I put a 9" grinding wheel on my big grinder & decided that'd be much safer,well it was until I slipped as I was cutting one of the staps off the gas tank and hit the gas tank with the grinder,geez,I thought a gas tank would be at least 1/4" thick?
How about paper weight thickness,just like a coors can.
So needless to say I never got to the muffler bearing on that truck,again the insurance wouldn't cover my loss,that was a good truck until the muffler bearing went out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom