MtnBuck's Goin Ram Hunt'n

Longun

Long Time Member
Saw Warren yesterday at the gas station and he is headed for Cody on his Ram Hunt.He is hunting in unit 4. He's going to try and kill one with his bow. He's on a 7 day hunt with an outfitter and his guide has gotten 95 rams so far. He wants to get 100 before he retires. I wished him luck and can't wait to see some pics.

Well I am back. What a hunt it was. Temps were in the 90's limiting sheep movemant to the last part of the day. Managed to get in range of rams 3 times, but never had a decent shot. The last nite at dusk I had 5 rams including 3 in the 150+ class at 43 yards. They were all visible in the single 3 foot wide opening I had through the dark timber and I just could not figure out an ethical shot before they blew out. I will be back in late September with the 7mm and look foreward to the rematch.
Lost 8 pounds in 7 days, the 15 mile all down hill horse ride yesterday was taxing on the knees. Sabine told me it would hurt a lot Mike, and she was right! But her coaching saved my bacon I'm sure as we rode horses straight up trailess steep slopes for 2000 feet and I never hit the ground once. I could not believe the strength and endurance of those tough mountain horses.
Great guide, camp, stock and food and allready it is one of those hunts I will rank at the top and cherish for the rest of my life. We videoed grizz and walked country few men have, what more can a hunter want other than a filled sheep tag? Well, that will happen in a few weeks....MB

Sounds like a great hunt. Especially since you know you have more time to fill that tag. Best of luck to you.

MtnBuck,

Yeh, it's been abnormally hot, but nights are beginning to cool down some. Who are you hunting with ??. Saw a hunter drop a sheep off at a taxidermists in Cody Sat. AM so there is at least 1 successful archery hunter.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I was using Lost Creek Outfitters and the owner Grizz Taylor had me paired with Terry B, who was working to make me his 94th successful hunter. We will get 'er done next month.

I made it back and got it done. Kinda hijacked Longuns's "Tagged Out" thread and pic is posted there.MB

>I made it back and got
>it done. Kinda hijacked Longuns's
>"Tagged Out" thread and pic
>is posted there.MB

And here ;-)
hatchersheep.jpg

Thank you Tony for stickin the pic on for me, I appreciate it.
Thanks Scott, I am livin a dream..
MB

MtnBuck,

That's a ram I'd seriously consider giving up my lefty for. Congrats on tagging out on a bruiser!!

Thanks guys, I guess I forgot to post his measurements here. He is 8.5 yrs old, full curl 14"x37" and gross scores 164 and change. As you can see he is that dark color which I wanted so bad. I might would have give lefty for him, but thankfully all it cost me was a couple of ribs on the right side. Busied myself the past several days with sitting in a lazyboy with a heat pad while under the infuence of painpills and watching the outdoor channel. Really would rather be bowhunting elk, but cradling those ram horns on my lap makes it easier to pass the time!!
What an experience and hunt, hope to get it on paper soon and sent to TH for publication.
"Sitting in a Happy Daze In LaBarge"
MB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom