Mtn Goat Rug vs life-size mount

gznokes

Very Active Member
As an alternative to a life-size mount for a mtn goat, I'm wondering some opinions on rugging a mountain goat.

I've only seen two goats done this way but I prefer the rug. I think it shows off their long hair.

These are photos of my cousin's goat rug.

48e39c7a2e3031b6.jpg

48e39ca73eea167f.jpg

48e39ccc4730dfab.jpg

The rug is interesting but I went with the lifesize mount. I think for a goat its more regal and shows off the big shoulders and hips more. Just my opinion. I guess I'll know more in about a year...

while the rug looks nice and cozy with that long hair.... I would recomend being careful if you with a lady on the rug. You may get poked where you don't want to be poked

No rug for me. I don't care for mtn lion rugs either. Just bear rugs for me. Totally a personal preference.

Well, if you really want my opinion (which isn't worth anything
anyway), I don't like it at all. It just doesn't seem right.

I think Mountain Goats are one of the best "life size" mounts of all N.American big game.

The most important opinion is yours.

I would go with the life size and if that was too expensive than maybe a 1/2 mount. I had mine life sized and it looks awesome. A rug with horns does nothing for me. That is my opinion.

It looks as though he jumped off a cliff and this is how he was found:) It's not bad. I haven't seen it before but, I agree...show off the bulk of the goat with a full mount if it's within the budget.

Just remember they are hard to keep clean. smoke,dust ... lifesize is probably better but $$$$$ think about a shoulder mount ?less space, less$$$ less cleaning. ethier way its up to you.Just remember if you go rug or lifesize there different caping methods. good luck j

Never saw a mnt goat rug until now, I think I prefer life size mount, for a mnt goat I think a shoulder simply does not do them justice.

Also - never noticed a tag on horn like that, what state? Can you remove it? Small but still looks bad on trophy.

Great to get the different opinions. Maybe I'm just wrapped up in the novelty of the rug.

As for the comment about the rug reminding a person of what he looked like he went off the cliff. That would be somewhat accurate in the case of my goat.

It i could actually draw a mountain goat tag here in wyoming there is no way you would get me to do a rug. Full body all the way. Save the rug for bears and zebra. A rug with horns looks goofy. Full body mounts show off the long hair just great.

I have to agree with most of the others that it is hard to beat a life-sized goat...especially taken in late season w/long hair. Lifesize really show off the broad shoulders, long hair, pantaloons, beard, and if on a good rock overlook are mighty impressive!

I agree with the full mount. Especially if it has a winter coat. I did mine a 3/4 mount to show off his 'pantaloons' and beard....it turned out awesome.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom