MT. unit 213 ewe tag for 12 year old

C

canyonhntr

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this tag for a 12 year old. Thought this may be a good hunt for him and has great draw odds, but I don't really know anything about this unit as far as terrain, amount of sheep and accessibility. He would be rifle hunting.

I've hunted the unit twice, both times with my Dad.

He drew a ram permit a few years ago and a ewe permit year before last.

Both hunts were one day...record book ram on the first hunt and an adult ewe the next.

There is NO way to not get a ewe sheep in there, just about anytime you want. Its a little easier later as the sheep are right off the highway. Its just a matter of picking a day when you have time to hunt. Really that easy. Tons of access.

Ram:

IMG_0763.JPG

Ewe:

199.JPG

Buzz,

Very nice pics! You Montana boys have it good. I always think about using my points on a ewe tag.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the input, the more I look into this I'm getting the same responses as as you gave. I'm really leaning to do this for my son.

49bf0398109731b5.jpg

I was lucky enough to get a NR ram tag in 2006. Expect to wade through a lot of rams in order to find a ewe. I actually saw more rams than ewes. I agree with Buzz, it will be a one day hunt and if you hunt in November you won't have to pack the sheep meat over 500 yards down to the road.

Good luck! It will be a great hunt for a kid.

Roger

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom