MT Super Sheep Tag Ram (pics)

kilowatt

Someone named Robert drew the Super Sheep Tag and got this Ram on Sept. 15th. Green scored 194", horns were 42"x40"x16-1/4" bases. Aged at 10-1/2 years old.
Nice going Robert on a great Ram.
Brian
REMTram1.jpg

REMTram2.jpg

REMTram3.jpg

REMTram4.jpg

REMTram5.jpg

>That's a beauty!! I wonder what
>that guys pony-tail tapes out
>at??

LOL, that's Doyle Moss in drag.

JB

Hahahahahaha mullet or not he helped find a toad! I need to grow my muff out for muzzleoader next week!

Looks like a very nice breaks sheep. I wonder if they knew hunters orange is required if they shot it with a rifle?

John Lewton and James are well known, world wide, as sheep guides with huge knowledge of the biggest and best rams out there. It would appear that the lucky hunter certainly knew who to go with!

Definetly a Super Montana Ram. The mans name is Robert Ethington from Spainish Fork, Utah. He bought a $5 raffle ticket and won the Montana Super Tag beating out the other 21,216 chances/applicants. Some of the Montana sheep were transplanted to Wyoming and are doing so well a hunting season will begin next year. Great genetics!!!! Apply.

awesome ram!!! they just look so dang cool!!! congrats to the lucky hunter. Also what is the record for a montana sheep, and what is considered trophy quality square wise?? thanks

The MT record is 204 or so. Trophy quality depends on the unit and the eye of the beholder.

In the Breaks, you should hold out for something over 180. Other units, like the unlimited units, take the first legal ram you can.

193 and change. He was a brute. I met Mr. Ethington (I don't remember his first name) while setting up at the Expo where the ram was displayed. I can tell you that this guy was a true sportsman and was still smiling. An all round great story. Congratulations to him.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom