MT sheep NR tag #

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
I'm reading where the regs say "up to 10%" of the tags to NR, but in most units offered to NR there aren't even 10 tags offered. From what I'm seeing, there are only a few units that have over 10 tags. I'm going off memory here, but maybe 3 or 4 units that have enough tags to give a NR the 10% - which would be 1 tag. I'm I reading this right?

If you look at the numbers and exlcude ewe tags and unlimited tags MT doesnt even come close to giving 10% of the tags to non-residents. Same with goats as well. That kinda bugs me but not as much as when they list the areas a NR can apply for and then you put in for one of those areas and then they decide to not award a NR tag for that area after all. That really sucks. The odds of drawing these types of tags across the west are horrible as everyone knows, and it costs a lot of money to apply. The least they could do is make things as fair as possible

They do not issue a specific non-ressy tag by unit.

They issue the --up to 10%-- by region.

So in region 1 say-----look on the back of your non-ressy appl form, the dull orange colored one......it list the units with in region 1 you can apply for.....pretty simple....as --up to 10%-- can go to a non-ressy from region 1...

Same for all the other regions.......

So the --up to 10%-- could be long gone with unit 124 draw...so do the 1st unit offered as your choice.....in any of the regions.....maybe?

Robb

Also the nonresidents are in the same drawing as the residents.
Only about 2% to 3% of all tags go to nonresidents. They change thing years ago the residents did not like the nonresidents drawing to them self.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom