MT sheep hunt partner needed

• Thread starter rockymtn_hunter52
  • Start date
R

rockymtn_hunter52

I know this is short notice, but I just got word that my huntin' partner will not be able to make the hunt 'cuz of his mom's health - I'm looking for someone to go with me from Wed, 9/13 thru Thurs, 9/20 for a sheep hunt in Unit 501 near Cooke City. This is one of the unlimited tag units, beautiful country and saw about 40 sheep last weekend during my scouting. Anyone available & interested? I'll provide everything in the way of camping gear, etc - this will be a combo spike camp/backpack-in type hunt on foot w/lots of spotting and hopefully stalking. My wife isn't comfortable w/me hunting alone & neither am I given the nature of the country -- besides it's just more fun having someone to share the experience with. If you're interested, please let me know and we can work out the details. Thanks.

I'd go in a heartbeat but I am scheduled to kill a 385" bull that week. I wish you the best of luck. It will be a fun hunt.

Man my mind was racing till I saw the dates. I"ll be in B.C. Stone Sheep hunting. If you need a partner in future years PM me

Any legal rams in that 40 head you saw.
I have hunted 501 my whole life, until last year. I started to save points for a draw tag, but am sure thinking about 501 alot lately.
I wish I had a 501 tag I would probably hook up with you.
Is this your first time in 501?

No legal rams, but there were 6 or 7 immature rams (1/2 curl or less), probably 3-4 years before they're legal. This is my 1st time in 501 - I did take a 161 P&Y ram in Wyoming Unit 5 some years ago. Been trying to draw WY again but it will probably never happen, so I'm going to try MT unlimited tag unit just so I can go sheep hunting. I was encouraged by the # of sheep I saw last week, but I know the odds of finding a legal ram are very low - but I'm going to try & love every minute of it!

Good luck with your hunt.......
When you get back from your hunt let me know how it went.
Take care and be careful....

Thanks - I'm still working a few leads for a last minute partner; not sure how it's going to play out yet, but I'm going to be on the mtn one way or another next weekend.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom