Mt. Goat from Timp.

MilliGun

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-11 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-11 AT 07:59?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-11 AT 07:54?PM (MST)

Well,I thought I'd put a few pics on here. Had a great hunt,hiked hard and killed my Goat. Not the biggest but he was accessible and only fell about 15feet off a ledge then rolled a little ways. I shot him from 325yrd with 270wsm 140grTSX. Could have killed a couple toads but they would have fallen over 500ft. I was just as excited to tag this one though.

5979005.jpg

3215029.jpg

1750012.jpg

5845022.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-11 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]congrads on the goat. looks like you still got some snow in your country

Milligun,
Nice looking goat and great hide on him. And much better than a month ago. And the best thing is he isn't laying at the bottom of some 500' cliff with his face and horns all busted up and you wondering now how in the heck your ever going to get your once in a lifetime trophy out without killing yourself.

I've been involved in a few goat hunts, and as you now know, its not tough finding a big billy, but it is tough finding a big billy where you can retrive him. Nothing like a Mt goat hunt. Great job.

Awesome hunt and congrats! Most would have let bullets fly at the bigger ones and rolled the dice on retrieving a carcass.

Reminds me of my Montana goat from 10 years ago.

novbill.jpg

Congrats and smart move! Goats are super fun to hunt and Timpanogos is an amazing mountain. Where on the mountain did you shoot him? I know that mountain very, very well and would be interested to know.

Congrats. Great looking goat. You made the right choose. Had the same thing happen a few years back and you are always looking for the right place before the shot and have to pass on numerous billies.

Fantastic...you should be very proud.
Great goat and great hide.
Kudos for thinking on the outcome of this hunt before the shot...

+1 for being a responsible goat hunter!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom