Mt. Dutton/Paunsaugunt Antelope

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Are there very many goats in this area? I would assume it's gonna be HOT in Utah in mid September. Is the best way to hunt this time of the year around water holes? Thanks for the info.

Steve

Hunt around Flake Mtn and you should find all the pronghorn you need to fill your tag if you draw. Other spots to check are the rolling sagebrush and fields west of the Bryce Canyon Lodge and the sage country south of Cottonwood Creek.

Thanks AZBuckSnort for the info. I usually hunt in Wyoming for goats but I can make it to Utah in half of the time. I love hunting goats. Is it a pretty tough draw?

Tons of animals. Prettiest unit in the state in my opinion. Most of the unit it is over 7,000ft so you don't have to worry about the heat. It took me six years to draw, and about twenty minutes to fill my tag.

Sometimes thats the way antelope hunting goes. If you see the right goat and he's cooperating...it is a quick hunt. Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it!

Steve

Nice buck TThorpe13! If it took you 6 years as a resident to draw, it may take me a lot more since there are fewer NR tags. All you can do is keep putting in until that magical day comes when it all pays off!

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom