Mt. Dutton outlook?

utahbigbull

Anyone finding diecent bulls on the Dutton so far? Six weeks left and wondering if there will be enough quality bulls to go around for all the extra tags this year?

Yeah. There are a lot more tags there this year and last than the years before. My buddy drew this same tag three or four years ago he said there were 18 muzzle tags. This year there are 27.

Dutton has had huge tag increases the last couple years. There are gonna be a ton of guys on the mountain this year. Still gonna be a great hunt, but plan on a ton of competition for the better bulls.

I was on Dutton last year during my brothers LE elk hunt and was shocked at the amount of people (not all were hunters)on the mountain.Lots of elk on that mountain so still a great tag to have.
Word to the wise, Boulder is the same size unit right across the road from Dutton and has far less tags issued. Dutton is in a lower age class than Boulder so more tags should be issued than on Boulder. If you want a lower pressure higher quality hunt than Dutton don't complain just put in for Boulder.

Too late now, buddy of mine convinced me to go dutton instead of the Manti I always hunt. Now I have a Dutton LE muzzle tag so Sept. 29th, here we come. Just wondering if people are seeing the same think I have been seeing.

You have a great tag and will have the time of your life. I will be on Dutton for the archery deer hunt, if I see any monster bulls i will give you the heads up on where I saw them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom