MRE's

Zim

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-11 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]I was curious if anyone knows of a good website to order Mountain House MRE's for my 2 upcoming hunts this fall. Curious if it's cheaper to buy them in bulk somewhere. Thanks.

I just went back to this thread and noticed you said Mountain House brand. Sorry about that! I get that brand from Cabelas and they also have canisters close to the size of a #10 can of 5 or 6 different meals and they hold from 10 to 15 servings. I bought 3 of those canisters recently and they say once you open to use them within one week. I contacted the company and told them I planned to divide them up into individual meals and seal each one in a vacuum machine. The lady said they hadn't done any research on that, but thought it would work fine if done immediately and right before my trip. I told her I would be their guinea pig and report back to them after my 11 week trip and she said she would appreciate it. Hey, maybe I'll get to be an official paid spokesperson for the company, LOL!

Try: TheReadyStore.com

They are located in SLC (Draper, I think)and have pretty decent prices. MOst all dealers have Mountain House on back order at present. Plan ahead or you might not find the varieties you are looking for readily available.

Bill

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-11 AT 09:37AM (MST)[p]Walmart, If you buy the 2 serving ones, get some freezer Glad bags from the store and cut them in half. Better way of doing it than buying the single serving. I try and get my meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner including snacks to fit in a gallon freezer bag. That way i can grab as many bags as i need in relation to how many days i'm going to be out in a matter of minutes. The best advice i have ever had is to definately try the freeze dried meal before you take it out on the mountain with you. Nothing worse than getting out in the middle of nowhere only to learn that you can't palet the meal or that your stomach didn't like it! I have my daily meals down about 6 bucks for a day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom