moving to idaho falls

kimbersig

Hey guys i just wanted to post and say hi. I just took a job with the USDA in Idaho Falls. I am very excited to be moving to idaho....actually was born there but haven't been back since then. LOL I'm a huge hunter here in NM and look forward to hunting and fishing up there. never been fly fishing so i'm gonna have to learn. If anyone has any advice on Idaho's system i would appreciate it. i've looked at the website and seems pretty self explanatory. luckily i'll have my residency before the next application deadline! I do have one question. it looks like y'all have pretty good odds compared to most other states for residents for your 3 big OIL hunts. am i reading that wrong or what? again if anyone has any advice or if anyone lives in or around idaho falls and wants to get together in a few months when i get there Id sure appreciate it! and if anyone has any questions about NM hit me up. i have hunted everything almost all over NM. BTW my name is Josh. thanks again guys and look forward to being apart of this group on MM.

Welcome back home. There are some areas that offer very good odds on OIL hunts but that is typically areas where the access is severely limited such as the Frank Church Wilderness. The best thing about Idaho hunting is the opportunity to hunt every year. There is a lot of great country within a short drive from Idaho Falls, I think you will enjoy living in Idaho a lot. Please take a minute if you will and look at my post on here regarding the proposed LAP changes. It could take away all of the hunting opportunity that makes Idaho so great.

Welcome back Josh.

Like the other post, we have it pretty good here with a wide assortment of hunting and fishing opportunities. The OIL tags are good odds compared to other states, especially when you subtract out all the NR's after they draw a tag or two in a unit (that typically happens a few times in the better units). I'm here in Idaho Falls also, so PM me if you have any questions once you get here.

Joel

>Welcome back Josh.
>
>Like the other post, we have
>it pretty good here with
>a wide assortment of hunting
>and fishing opportunities. The OIL
>tags are good odds compared
>to other states, especially when
>you subtract out all the
>NR's after they draw a
>tag or two in a
>unit (that typically happens a
>few times in the better
>units). I'm here in Idaho
>Falls also, so PM me
>if you have any questions
>once you get here.
>
>Joel

Thanks Joel I will do that!! I'm looking forward to exploring and seeing new country and tryin to kill a wolf! Here in nm that's a felony! Lol.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom